Sorry if this has been asked before: "How Many Miles a Day Do You Drive, and How Often Do You Charge"

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I would say plug it in every day and adjust your charge limit to fit your schedule. It doesn’t sounds like you drive much at all. So something like 60-70% might work well.
In cold weather the car will want to keep the batteries warm and in hot weather the car will want to keep the batteries cool, this is why they recommend always plugging it in.

I’ll be driving 90 miles per work day and will be charging to 85 every day. Maybe 80% once I get a feel for the range.
Sponsored

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
120-140 miles/day, and almost always have the car plugged in at home.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I drive between zero and 200 miles on any given day depending on what projects need my attention. I plug in at my garage every night and charge to 90%. I have a JuiceBox 40 charger.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I drive 70-80 miles Mon-Thurs. I plug in (charge) everyday at work for free to 90% Mon-Wed and 100% on Thursdays. I have a ChargePoint Flex at home if I need it over the weekend. In the winter, my GTPE will not get 2 round trips to work without charging because my range drops to 140-145 @ 90 percent SOC. So I just stay in the habit of plugging in everyday all year round. In the winter i plug in at home for the preconditioning, but have my charge level set to 50%.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
The MME is a shared vehicle between myself, my wife and my teenage son. My wife hardly ever drives it, so it's mostly driven by myself and my son. We put anywhere from 0-400 miles on it a week depending on what's happening that week. I work from home so don't have a commute, and my son walks to school. We use it to run errands around town, and for weekend shopping/dining trips. If we go on a weekend shopping or dining trip to the SF area, then it's easily 300-400 miles. If we don't have any errands that week then the MME could sit in the driveway for a week or more.

We tend to plug it in when it gets to 50% and let it charge to 90%. If we know we're doing a trip, then we'll plug it in the night before and let it charge to 100%.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I drive about 70 miles per day (an average of 26K for the year). I charge at work most days to 90% and just replaced my Wallbox with a Tesla Universal charger to future proof things.
Sponsored