dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
I took my first ever long trip with my Mach-E and I noticed a very annoying issue. While I was listening to music on CarPlay, randomly it would switch from regular audio (surround) to voice audio, like it does when you are in a call. Has anyone experienced something similar? I tried adjusting the volume, changing music, reconnecting CarPlay, kept having the issue the entire trip. On the way back we just listened to Sirius XM.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I took my first ever long trip with my Mach-E and I noticed a very annoying issue. While I was listening to music on CarPlay, randomly it would switch from regular audio (surround) to voice audio, like it does when you are in a call. Has anyone experienced something similar? I tried adjusting the volume, changing music, reconnecting CarPlay, kept having the issue the entire trip. On the way back we just listened to Sirius XM.
Hello! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? Iā€™ll look into this on my end. Thanks!

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Iā€™ve noticed this too, but in this case, one manā€™s bug is anotherā€™s feature. CarPlay has two audio settings w/ distinct volume controls: content, and announcements.

Content is music, podcasts, audiobooks.
Announcements are things like Siri, text messages, calls, and I think Maps directions (donā€™t hold me to that last part - I mute those so Iā€˜m not sure.)

You can adjust the settings of Content via the sound settings in Sync.

For Announcements, you can only change the volume (turn the knob when an Announcement is playing and youā€™ll see the volume show ā€œVoice Settingsā€ I believe.) Announcements default to surround sound and duck/pause the audio of anything playing. This cannot be changed afaik.

I see this as a feature because I can play the kidsā€™ music in the rear of the car, but clearly hear when a text comes in. Understandable though that lack of customization is annoying.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What music did you use? Apple music or Spotify? For me, I had this issue because Spotify was always using the mic to listen for the "Hey Spotify" or whatever the heck it is. I turned that off, and the sound went back to normal and I haven't had the issue since.

OP
OP
dougni

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
What music did you use? Apple music or Spotify? For me, I had this issue because Spotify was always using the mic to listen for the "Hey Spotify" or whatever the heck it is. I turned that off, and the sound went back to normal and I haven't had the issue since.
Had the issue on Apple Music. I didn't think of switching to a different app and see if the problem persisted.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I think that must be what was going on with me yesterday. I had my MME on in the garage, parked, while I was installing all the pieces of my new interior anti-dust cup holder set from aosk. I was listening to Siriusxm but had CarPlay in. The sound kept changing quality from normal to tinny and back again. I was too busy to investigate at the time but sounds like it was the same issue.
Sponsored