Sound while stationary, not the pedestrian sound.

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Pulled into the garage after a short drive and immediately heard this sound which neither of us had heard before and it was quite loud. Opened the door to check it out and it stopped. Jumped back in and when in drive or reverse the sound returned, but not neutral or park.. Tried turning off the climate control settings and e-heat but that didnā€™t seem to make any difference.

Move the phone out the window about 1/2 through and you can tell it gets louder, coming from the font.

Probably going to feel foolish when I hear the answer, but what is this sound? Hadnā€™t heard it before.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Sounds like the cooling system for the battery to me. There are louvers on the front of the car that open and a fan that pulls air through them to cool the battery.

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Sounds like the cooling system for the battery to me. There are louvers on the front of the car that open and a fan that pulls air through them to cool the battery.
We only have 900 miles in 2 weeks on the car but if that is what it is seems crazy the first time we hear this is on a 40 degree day after a half hour drive vs after a 250 mile trip home from the dealer.

But hopefully that is all it is and it doesnā€™t have to be on too much. ;) Maybe on a short trip not as much air was moving through those vents to keep the battery cool

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
All I hear in your clip is the pedestrian alert sound. It plays even if you're stopped. Comes on anytime the car is in grear.

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
All I hear in your clip is the pedestrian alert sound. It plays even if you're stopped. Comes on anytime the car is in grear.
Alrighty, thought Iā€™d heard that already as sort of a whoomph whoomph whooph noise while driving down the road. If the buzz in the video is the pedestrian sound now I wonder what the other sound is, lol. But maybe one and the same.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Alrighty, thought Iā€™d heard that already as sort of a whoomph whoomph whooph noise while driving down the road. If the buzz in the video is the pedestrian sound now I wonder what the other sound is, lol. But maybe one and the same.
Confirming, the buzz is your pedestrian sound. I didnā€™t hear anything else other than what sounded like you brushing against the microphone or something. The pedestrian sound isnā€™t that loud outside (and it has to be in drive to happen), but when youā€™re in the garage, it bounces off the walls and the floor pretty well and makes you sound like youā€™re in a spaceship.

Iā€˜m not saying I mind that, either. :)

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
thats probably the fake electric motor/spaceship noise when you accelerate. You can turn that off in settings.

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
thats probably the fake electric motor/spaceship noise when you accelerate. You can turn that off in settings.
By this I assume you mean the slider under the drive mode (quiet, engage, unbridaled). I do have that off....actually before getting the MME I thought the drive mode sound would make it sound like a v8 but nah, not so much. But that's ok, probably would have turned it off even then too.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Pulled into the garage after a short drive and immediately heard this sound which neither of us had heard before and it was quite loud. Opened the door to check it out and it stopped. Jumped back in and when in drive or reverse the sound returned, but not neutral or park.. Tried turning off the climate control settings and e-heat but that didnā€™t seem to make any difference.

Move the phone out the window about 1/2 through and you can tell it gets louder, coming from the font.

Probably going to feel foolish when I hear the answer, but what is this sound? Hadnā€™t heard it before.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.