Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
I just got back from the Portland Auto Show; there was a Mach-e in Space White there. If you order it expecting it to be white--even a bit--you're going to be disappointed. It is gray. Light gray to be sure, but nobody is going to mistake it for white. Light metallic gray. If you want light gray, you'll be thrilled with Space White.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club Space White Mustang Mach-E 1
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club Space White Mustang Mach-E 2

Last edited by a moderator:

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
This. I just got back from the Portland Auto Show; there was a Mach-e in Space White there. If you order it expecting it to be white--even a bit--you're going to be disappointed. It is gray. Light gray to be sure, but nobody is going to mistake it for white. Light metallic gray. If you want light gray, you'll be thrilled with Space White.
Thanks! Found a pic online - looks like a Select model given the wheels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 01D6319B-1381-4CD2-AD01-DA656CED1C84

space_white_ford_mustang_mach_e_01-jpg.804.jpeg

space_white_ford_mustang_mach_e_02-jpg.805.jpeg

space_white_ford_mustang_mach_e_03-jpg.806.jpeg

space_white_ford_mustang_mach_e_04-jpg.807.jpeg

OP
OP

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually, it was a route 1. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out anywhere, but those wheels are hubcaps. I don't know what they look like under the hub caps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 20200220_115240

OP
OP

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 20200220_113405
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 20200220_113600
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 20200220_114532

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Actually, it was a route 1. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out anywhere, but those wheels are hubcaps. I don't know what they look like under the hub caps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 20200220_114532
Thanks for the clarification! This is the first space white to be photographed. I’m still debating this color versus the Infinite Blue. Read about those hubcaps - I guess they reduce drag.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I’m still debating this color versus the Infinite Blue.
I'm debating space white and grabber blue. To me this car is screaming for a color that grabs attention. (pun intended)The light gray on black does look nice as well.

By the way, is it me or is that body door panel gap alignment way off in that pic above? I guess it is a pre-production glitch ..

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I'm debating space white and grabber blue. To me this car is screaming for a color that grabs attention. (pun intended)The light gray on black does look nice as well.

By the way, is it me or is that body door panel gap alignment way off in that pic above? I guess it is a pre-production glitch ..
I was thinking a low key color because I didn’t want to attract attention from all the haters. ? I also wanted to go with a light color to keep it cooler in the summer - given how A/C consumption affects battery performance. My current reservation is for space white with space gray interior.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I was thinking a low key color because I didn’t want to attract attention from all the haters. ? I also wanted to go with a light color to keep it cooler in the summer - given how A/C consumption affects battery performance. My current reservation is for space white with space gray interior.
I am down to Space White & Iconic Silver, gray interior. Wish I could just see them in person to decide.

OP
OP

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not you. Fit and finish on this car was not terribly good. A lot of the panels did not line up. There was some excessive gaps as you pointed out. I really hope that this will be ironed out in production. I have no idea if this is common in pre-production cars.

OP
OP

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am down to Space White & Iconic Silver, gray interior. Wish I could just see them in person to decide.
I was not really thrilled with the space white. You'd look at the car and think the light must be dim. But it was really very brightly lit up. The picture JSAlexVA posted above is from the Portland Auto show, I recognize the background. I had to look close to tell that it was metallic paint. I think with this paint it is going to be critical to Ceramic coat the paint and renew the shine every month or it's just going to look dull. Same thing with the Tesla red. It looks great when shined. But let up on the effort to keep it shiny and it looks dull, at least to my eyes.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hate to be one of those super petty people but that door gap/fender well is weird. It is big up top then you can see it gets angled in to be narrow then the bottom trim is apart to normal ranges. Obviously they are still working on the fit and finish of stuff but I forsee the tesla gurus be like.

SEE EVEN FORD HAS GAP ISSUES LOL!!!!!!

So don't be hating on Tesla and their car Manufacturing process while a legendary automaker has the same issues

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
Yeah not a fan of the wheels. This is apparently the alternative wheels you can get with the Select model. :(

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
It's not you. Fit and finish on this car was not terribly good. A lot of the panels did not line up. There was some excessive gaps as you pointed out. I really hope that this will be ironed out in production. I have no idea if this is common in pre-production cars.
Don’t judge the gaps until they are off if production line.