NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
New poster here - why no love for space white?!? I've been reading everything since I reserved in January, but don't see much, if any, coverage of space white. Lots of star white, grabber blue and red. I specifically wanted something that highlighted the logos and wasn't as intense as star white. It was an easy choice for me, but I've wavered a little bit not seeing any love. Stumbled on this thread and it's given me the confidence to stay with space white. I appreciate the posts on this thread, so keep them coming!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Both whites are quite nice colors for the Mach-e, at least as far as I can tell from pictures. They also age better in terminally sunny areas.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
There have been hardly any space white preproduction cars. I think there will be more discussion of space white once demo and customer cars start being delivered.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
It was an easy choice for me, but I've wavered a little bit not seeing any love.
Not much of a reference for sure. Then again those little samples at a dealer never tell you much either. It's like a paint chip that looks very different when the entire wall is covered under different light. Which can lead to those "What were we thinking?" moments. LOL

If it makes you feel any better the head designer said that Space White was his favorite color. So there is that. If the color is ambiguous, as I'm hoping it will be, then pictures are not going to help that much. I think we're going to need to see it. Best case for me would be if it was like GM's Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic. That is a fantastic color but would be nearly impossible to capture in a photo because it changes with light and angle.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Which can lead to those "What were we thinking?" moments. LOL
That's my fear. I like to see and touch things before spending fifty grand on them. After reading almost everything I can find, I'm pretty confident I made the right decision over the TMY. I'm not looking for a car to drag race (the two car seats in the back should solidify that impression) or a car that's going to turn heads. I think the space white is a solid, clean look. It was interesting to see how many heads turned at the testing sites. Wondering how many heads will turn where I'm at. I'm not really looking forward to having to talk about the car to random people at stop lights.

MachMeNow

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Prius, Mach E premium LR AWD .
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also placed my order this month for Space White, and still have second thoughts about the color without actually seeing it in person. The F150 will also be offered with Space White, and over on the F150 forums there seems to be considerable interest in the color and some interesting photos and video of a few SW trucks sitting on the lot. As often mentioned the color seems to change, depending upon the lighting. What attracted me to the color is the contrast with the black trim. The color seems to define the shape of the car, while the black seems to fade in the background, if that makes any sense. I debated between SW and Infinite Blue, can't go wrong with either color. So for now SW it is.

Reactions: DBC

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag
So there is that. If the color is ambiguous, as I'm hoping it will be, then pictures are not going to help that much. I think we're going to need to see it. Best case for me would be if it was like GM's Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic. That is a fantastic color but would be nearly impossible to capture in a photo because it changes with light and angle.
Thats what fascinates me so much about the color!

Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterieur-169Gallery-2a81f29c-1751146.jpg

space_white_ford_mustang_mach_e_03-jpg.806.jpeg

IMG_20201114_124127.jpg

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think you are mixing up white and space white. The differences are pretty obvious unless it's a horribly exposed picture. Above seems pretty clearly white/space white/white. ?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Above seems pretty clearly white/space white/white. ?
Ha. I'm thinking Star White/Space White/Space White. Hard to tell but the three shots of what was originally identified as silver by @Dan G all look like Space White, so I'll go with that.

Would be great if you look at it and think: "Is it grey? White? Silver?" ?

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag
I think you are mixing up white and space white. The differences are pretty obvious unless it's a horribly exposed picture. Above seems pretty clearly white/space white/white. ?
honestly I don't think so, take the ford color table and compare star white and space white; the first picture with the K ( Köln ) license plate is space white and the second one is star white.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-1200x800-ca2d79b40cf29379
Ford Mustang Mach-E SPACE WHITE Mach-E Club 116321086_312438400163133_6763096331237701412_o