dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone's speed compensated volume working? I have it set to high and still haven't really noticed it increasing the volume at all at high speeds. Usually still have to manually increase the volume despite the setting. Even tried switching it to medium and same thing where it didn't seem like it raised the volume at all.

On my Lincoln MKZ I had the same feature but it was much more noticeable. Is it just really subtle for the Mach-E? Or maybe I'm just going deaf in my old age...?
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Anyone's speed compensated volume working? I have it set to high and still haven't really noticed it increasing the volume at all at high speeds. Usually still have to manually increase the volume despite the setting. Even tried switching it to medium and same thing where it didn't seem like it raised the volume at all.

On my Lincoln MKZ I had the same feature but it was much more noticeable. Is it just really subtle for the Mach-E? Or maybe I'm just going deaf in my old age...?
Just a guess, but on an ICE vehicle, there is much more noise to compensate for at speed.

That may be why the volume difference is more noticeable.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure if it works or not. I haven't noticed it do much, if anything. I have it on, on whatever the default setting is (normal boost?) Our Honda Fit's works perfectly -- just the right amount of boost at highway or interstate speeds.

What I wish is there was a lot more range in the low range on the MME. Sometimes music at 4 is too loud and 3 is too quiet. I can't imagine ever needing 15+, I'd love to be able to do like on my Sonos and set the max volume to 50%, which means what was a 10 becomes 20 and what was 5 becomes 10, so that I've got more finesse in low volume settings.

(Plexamp over CarPlay -- previously was over Android Auto but I went to the dark side recently)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Speed compensated volume has never worked on either of our Mach-E’s.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Glad to know it's not just me!

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Same here, sadly

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
After messing with it too long, I've also come to the conclusion SCV doesn't work on the Mach-E. There is no difference between the settings and the radio is not getting louder at highway speed like it's supposed to. This necessitates constant volume adjustments.

FYI I've used this feature on my other Ford vehicles for the past 12 years so I know how it should work. It's definitely not working.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I never noticed any difference in volume when I increased and decreased in Speed. Also tried low normal or High compenation volume. I thought it was an Android Auto thing. I guess not.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FWIW, I reset the DSP module and now I notice a slight difference between low and high at 70 MPH. Needs more gain.
Sponsored