Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a question. So people in the US actually like the leather material floor mat? Which would you prefer comparing TPE material and this leather material?
Because as an aftermarket developers, most of us believe US Owners prefer TPE one, and that's why we usually make TPE one.
However, for Asian market, we usually make leather floor mats and cover them all around the floor area. and color match them with the interior.
I prefer rubber due to durability, but until yesterday never knew leather mats existed.

How do they hold up in the Asian market?

While most here will probably opt for rubber, it may because we don’t know any different. Options are good to have.

Are they like these?
https://www.amazon.com/ntshibo-2021-2022-Waterproof-Anti-Skid-Automotive/dp/B0B8216CRP?th=1&psc=1
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have a question. So people in the US actually like the leather material floor mat? Which would you prefer comparing TPE material and this leather material?
Because as an aftermarket developers, most of us believe US Owners prefer TPE one, and that's why we usually make TPE one.
However, for Asian market, we usually make leather floor mats and cover them all around the floor area. and color match them with the interior.
I think it depends a lot on the area of the country and the climate. There's no way leather would work for me with the amount of salt and crud that's tracked into the car. But I can see that it might work in southern California.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I wish I could get the entire floor as rubber like the fleet work trucks. So much easier to clean up dog hair. 😂

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Yeah, I would say, I'm probably not the norm. I am not a fan of the leather up the sides etc, looks cheap to me. I gotta say these do look pretty nice in person in my opinion. I got in the car today and had sorta forgot they were in there. I almost didn't want to step in, they look too nice. They should be easy to clean, but here in So Cal, I'm not too worried about the dust I drag in, will be easy to just shake off. I'm not a fan of the carpet mats with dogs, dog hair is a pain. Only time will tell how they hold up. They seem very thick leather. Should last a long long time. Good leather can be really tough and durable. If I'm gonna be somewhere I know I'll be dragging mud in or something, I can always toss in the old rubber ones. Doesn't have to be an all or nothing.

Plus I drive in flip flops or slides all the time, so these are comfy. I did look at the sheepskin ones, but I think they would definitely be impractical 🤣

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Sheepskin.... Tis not a Bentley Lynsey lol.

When my pup goes with us he gets all nervous and sheds his long stringy undercoat. That stuff is magic in the fact it doesn't just vacuum off, rather I have to scrub with a car wash vacuum for about 15 minutes that rear seat 'carpet' thing as he just lays down back there. This would be nice but the Flagstaff red dirt even managed to stain the weather tech ones I have in my RX.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag

When my pup goes with us he gets all nervous and sheds his long stringy undercoat. That stuff is magic in the fact it doesn't just vacuum off, rather I have to scrub with a car wash vacuum for about 15 minutes that rear seat 'carpet' thing as he just lays down back there. This would be nice but the Flagstaff red dirt even managed to stain the weather tech ones I have in my RX.
Yup. Red dirt, cinders, ice, snow, salt, etc., etc., etc.

My vehicle is a utility tool and I simply cannot keep it clean. I get the ugliest, most soil-grabbing, water holding TPE mats that I can find. Anything fancy would be destroyed within a month or two.

I'm a bit jealous of Lynsey's ability to keep their floor clean.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hahahaha. I have a back seat cover on mine for the dogs. I did get the AOSK rubber that goes on the seatbacks in the cargo area, I would think that would help keep your carpet clean.

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
To the OP: any idea why it took 5 months for the order to be fulfilled?

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Grow cow, feed cow, water cow, slaughter cow, stretch cow, dry cow, dye cow, sew cow, stuff cow, ship cow.

Takes time.
OMG thats funny.

took me 15 seconds to go from OP to here so…….. Leather? No…. I use my car. It’s definitely NOT a sanctuary. To each their own and I really do get it, but, NO. LOL.

Edit: COW taste good.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To the OP: any idea why it took 5 months for the order to be fulfilled?
It was supposed to be 3-4 weeks, but they said they were having a problem getting the black leather, but every other color would be the 3-4 weeks. I think now that they have the black leather again, it should be a more normal wait.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG thats funny.

took me 15 seconds to go from OP to here so…….. Leather? No…. I use my car. It’s definitely NOT a sanctuary. To each their own and I really do get it, but, NO. LOL.

Edit: COW taste good.
So funny that everyone is worried about leather. I use to ride horses, so I think of leather a bit differently. The saddles, chaps, and all the tack take a beating. I still have stuff that is 20 years old and just fine (when taken care of). I think the leather should be pretty durable for my usage.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
So funny that everyone is worried about leather. I use to ride horses, so I think of leather a bit differently. The saddles, chaps, and all the tack take a beating. I still have stuff that is 20 years old and just fine (when taken care of). I think the leather should be pretty durable for my usage.
I grew up on a ranch. I think of leather in cars as soft suede, not hide. And I think of those fancy cars like Buicks and Cadillacs and BMWs and Rolls... The ones that would never survive at the ranch...

Of course, the oldest piece of clothing I have is a leather jacket and it's been abused quite a lot. And my leather boots are a close second...

Maybe it's time for me to reconsider leather floor mats...

Duck Norris

First Name
CHARLES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-e
Country flag
OMG! I gotta start using that....I gotta change my user name. Fantastic Overkill!!! So perfect.

edit: changed my sig.
I was going to call you Splurgeasaurus. They look very nice, i guess it will comedown to how well the hold up. That stitching pattern always reminds me of the interior on the early 280Z.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I grew up on a ranch. I think of leather in cars as soft suede, not hide. And I think of those fancy cars like Buicks and Cadillacs and BMWs and Rolls... The ones that would never survive at the ranch...

Of course, the oldest piece of clothing I have is a leather jacket and it's been abused quite a lot. And my leather boots are a close second...

Maybe it's time for me to reconsider leather floor mats...
Hahaha! What about your most used item...wallet? A good one lasts a decade. I'm ok with a patina it will get. If needed, could be repaired (but doubtful I would even come close). They seem pretty tough. It isn't wimpy leather. I already conditioned and put a waterproof protectant on the stitching. But they already seem easier too keep looking nice. My rubber ones always look scuffed and dirty. These just wipe clean with a microfiber.

edit: Also, the reason I waited 5 months for the black (other than, everything else would look dumb), but black should be easy to keep looking nice, compared to the other colors.
Sponsored

Last edited: