entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
Tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SRECEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put this stuff on to clean and prep the surface, then I dried it with a paper towel, not sure what it did but it did make me feel better:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RUG9XO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's how AOSK V1 spoiler is holding up (forgive how dirty my car is, my neighbor had some construction drywall dust fall on my car today which I'm thrilled about):

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg
I see the tape you recommend is 1" wide. Did you use 1 strip placed on the edge or 2 strips of the tape (1 applied on horizontal and 1 on vertical side)?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I see the tape you recommend is 1" wide. Did you use 1 strip placed on the edge or 2 strips of the tape (1 applied on horizontal and 1 on vertical side)?
You just want to get good coverage of the surface area inside the spoiler. Honestly I don't remember and didn't take a photo of where exactly I put the tape, but I put as much as I could to cover as much of the area as possible on the inside where the spoiler comes in contact with the car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You just want to get good coverage of the surface area inside the spoiler. Honestly I don't remember and didn't take a photo of where exactly I put the tape, but I put as much as I could to cover as much of the area as possible on the inside where the spoiler comes in contact with the car.
Agreed.

But make sure you have the tape as close to the edge of the spoiler that you can….. without being able to see it from the outside.

Only a small area round the edge of the spoiler actually comes in contact with the car.
Sponsored