Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
indeed, this would look really nice, thanks for this, we will bring it into our future spoiler development.
Sponsored

Trev5501

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Anyone else having problems with this spoiler staying on? I've tried twice so far, following the instructions, and within a couple of weeks it gets loose.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Anyone else having problems with this spoiler staying on? I've tried twice so far, following the instructions, and within a couple of weeks it gets loose.
Yes.

Followed all the instructions, it came loose on 1 side after a few weeks.

Removed it completely, cleaned everything off (took about an hour) and reattached using the provided tape. So far it hasn’t come loose again, but unfortunately the provided tape is a gray foam tape (different than the clear tape originally provided) and I can see it from the front. Hopefully it’ll hold better though.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Yes.

Followed all the instructions, it came loose on 1 side after a few weeks.

Removed it completely, cleaned everything off (took about an hour) and reattached using the provided tape. So far it hasn’t come loose again, but unfortunately the provided tape is a gray foam tape (different than the clear tape originally provided) and I can see it from the front. Hopefully it’ll hold better though.
oh i see, thank you for letting us know that it might loose, we will make sure to change the tape type in the future.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
oh i see, thank you for letting us know that it might loose, we will make sure to change the tape type in the future.
As an update, the foam tape that was sent with the spoiler is still holding strong a month later. Definitely better than the clear tape that came installed on it.

Maybe because the foam tape is thicker? Might have a little more give for temperature differences.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
As an update, the foam tape that was sent with the spoiler is still holding strong a month later. Definitely better than the clear tape that came installed on it.

Maybe because the foam tape is thicker? Might have a little more give for temperature differences.
yes, we been thinking if its because of the weather as well.
on our Model Y spoiler, we use a less temperature-sensitive tape, but a lot of buyers complaint about its not holding up well during their installation on winter, thats why we switch to the current version of clear tape.
but as summer gets close, some owners told us the clear tape doesn't perform that well.

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
Who has installed their spoiler on a ceramic coated car? I tried install the spoiler on a non-coated car and it became loose. Then I received the new 3M tape for this spoiler and I installed it on my Mach-E after ceramic coating and it's coming loose again. I am being told that it's because of the coating which I doubt a little...

awiseman5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
How are these spoilers holding up? Thinking of purchasing one, as well as the window louvers, for an incoming order. What is the major difference between the V1 and V2?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Who has installed their spoiler on a ceramic coated car? I tried install the spoiler on a non-coated car and it became loose. Then I received the new 3M tape for this spoiler and I installed it on my Mach-E after ceramic coating and it's coming loose again. I am being told that it's because of the coating which I doubt a little...
Mine is on a ceramic-coated car and it's working great. I used the stickiest 3M tape they make from Amazon, and I weighted down the spoiler overnight. Also, I used adhesion enhancer spray in the area where I put the spoiler. It's lasted thousands of miles now without pulling up.

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
Mine is on a ceramic-coated car and it's working great. I used the stickiest 3M tape they make from Amazon, and I weighted down the spoiler overnight. Also, I used adhesion enhancer spray in the area where I put the spoiler. It's lasted thousands of miles now without pulling up.
Do you have a link for the 3M tape from amazon by any chance?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Do you have a link for the 3M tape from amazon by any chance?
Tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SRECEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put this stuff on to clean and prep the surface, then I dried it with a paper towel, not sure what it did but it did make me feel better:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RUG9XO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's how AOSK V1 spoiler is holding up (forgive how dirty my car is, my neighbor had some construction drywall dust fall on my car today which I'm thrilled about):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spoiler Alert! AOSK Mustang Mach-E Performance Spoiler IMG_0726

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spoiler Alert! AOSK Mustang Mach-E Performance Spoiler IMG_0727

awiseman5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
it looks fantastic on the orange, thanks for sharing! what do you think of the V1 compared to the V2 that they released?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
it looks fantastic on the orange, thanks for sharing! what do you think of the V1 compared to the V2 that they released?
v2 would be a bit more aggressive. V1 is more subtle.
Sponsored