generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not totally sure if the car comes with one but thought I would "spring" for the nicer one at least. ?
The car does come with one, but I'm not sure we've seen one from a production model. The pre-production ones were just a black zipper bag without a pony on them.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The car does come with one, but I'm not sure we've seen one from a production model. The pre-production ones were just a black zipper bag without a pony on them.
And clearly the Mach E needs more ponies ;)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
So received the cargo mat the other day. Looking at the "instructions", are they implying that we should remove the existing movable cargo floor and replace it with the cargo mat? (I had assumed it would just sit on top - which could still work - so this confused me).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sport Stripes and other Mach-E accessories now available IMG_1289

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So received the cargo mat the other day. Looking at the "instructions", are they implying that we should remove the existing movable cargo floor and replace it with the cargo mat? (I had assumed it would just sit on top - which could still work - so this confused me).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sport Stripes and other Mach-E accessories now available IMG_1289
I think it'll become clear on what to do once you get your car. :)

Very interesting that the CAD vehicle shown in your instructions is a European GT-spec. Nice choice.

rgib75

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag

Removing the thin plywood tray to put in the cargo mat now explains why the dealer installed mat doesn't fit (about 1/4" longer than needed on top of the plywood removable floor). Going to swap those out now!

Also the window deflectors are touchy - my driver's side is slightly warped and prevents the window from going up correctly. Going to have to heatgun it or replace.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Removing the thin plywood tray to put in the cargo mat now explains why the dealer installed mat doesn't fit (about 1/4" longer than needed on top of the plywood removable floor). Going to swap those out now!

Also the window deflectors are touchy - my driver's side is slightly warped and prevents the window from going up correctly. Going to have to heatgun it or replace.
I had the same experience with the cargo mat. The lip of mine has been resting on the black plastic of the bumper part. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I guess I'll go ahead and take the stock cover out.

rgib75

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
I had the same experience with the cargo mat. The lip of mine has been resting on the black plastic of the bumper part. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I guess I'll go ahead and take the stock cover out.
I just fixed mine - the stock cover goes into the well (below the support posts), then everything fits correctly. Photo of the wrong installment by dealer (IMG_6487), and then the correct placements for both items. Much better :)

IMG_6487.jpeg

IMG_6488.jpeg

IMG_6489.jpeg

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just fixed mine - the stock cover goes into the well (below the support posts), then everything fits correctly. Photo of the wrong installment by dealer (IMG_6487), and then the correct placements for both items. Much better :)
There are intentionally two positions for the cargo floor. The upper position is handy if you need a cargo area that remains flat to the seatbacks when the back seats are folded down. Neither position is right or wrong, but it does appear that the cargo mat may fit better at the lower position.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
There are intentionally two positions for the cargo floor. The upper position is handy if you need a cargo area that remains flat to the seatbacks when the back seats are folded down. Neither position is right or wrong, but it does appear that the cargo mat may fit better at the lower position.
Yeah this is good to know because I need a flat load floor all the way through folded rear seats, so I need to keep the cargo floor at the upper positions, meaning this mat would fit a bit odd. I'm gonna go to Costco tomorrow and see if they have the weathertech one or else but this online https://www.costco.com/weathertech-universal-avm-cargo-mat.product.100481766.html

But I do like the 3 piece floor mats so thinking I'll buy these from Ford's site.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Small list of accessories for now. I assume it will grow soon.

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/mustang-mach-e/2021.html?limit=60

Yeah, they did this not me:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sport Stripes and other Mach-E accessories now available IMG_6489
Is anyone planning to add these sport stripes? I have not decided to get a Mach-E yet, but I think I may go with carbonized grey and the black stripe. Not sure about the side ones. The back piece could look really good but they don't show it in the photo-shopped car. Wish someone would do theirs first and share pictures!

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I bought the floor mats mats 2 weeks ago, they're backordered so haven't gotten them. My dealer called me shortly after he got my order and said it would be at least 3-4 weeks and would call me when they're in. Still don't have em. Not getting the stripes. Instead of the trunk cargo protector I bought a WeatherTech version from Costco for $30. I posted a link to that previously
Sponsored