JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
GT's? That's your high NYC tax dollars at work. The cops could not make due with just any electric car to save on fuel costs. And the "Select" trim just wasn't good enough because they needed to have the panoramic sun roof and slightly faster 0-60 times for those wide-open Manhattan streets where you can reach blazing speeds of maybe 25mph.
I am thoroughly baffled that somebody approved this purchase. You could argue that you want an electric car to save on fuel costs, but I am betting the NYC power grid is struggling too -- not much room for solar panels in NYC given that everything is vertical.
NYC is far more than just Manhattan; plenty of places and roads (including highways) where NYPD vehicles need to get up to speed *quickly*, either to respond to emergencies or to stop motorists. {Jonathan}
Sponsored

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
You should have quit while you were ahead. :p By the way, tell me more about the stereotypical Mustang driver. :cool:
I'll assume you know what I mean.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
Anyone else notice the "KEY DOOR LOCK" on the loose items list?
All ford police interceptors (crown Vic ,Taurus, explorers) have key holes in driver door/trunk/tailgate for quick access.
Ford will most likely add key holes for these vehicles.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I'll assume you know what I mean.
Ok, now I'm really not following you, do you always speak in riddles? :rolleyes: And, by the way never assume anything, you know what they say about that! 🤣

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ok, now I'm really not following you, do you always speak in riddles? :rolleyes: And, by the way never assume anything, you know what they say about that! 🤣
No riddles - stereotypical Mustang drivers tend to be douchebags, but I was trying to be nice.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
No riddles - stereotypical Mustang drivers tend to be douchebags, but I was trying to be nice.
I can't seem to understand why a car would make one a douchebag. Except Range Rovers, those are proven. 🤣

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I can't seem to understand why a car would make one a douchebag. Except Range Rovers, those are proven. 🤣

I don't either, but there was something about mustang and iroc owners thru the 90's that was 'special'
Sponsored