Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also can't imagine the MME being a decent police car or taxi. My mind is blown that people are green lighting this. Getting in out of the back seats for a good number of adults is no easy task. The only thing that I'd sign off on would be a base model MME for parking enforcement or parking lot security.
Maybe these will be used mostly by the NYC PD brass.
Sponsored

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
I saw one at the NY Auto Show! Just like the link posted earlier here šŸ˜ƒ. Was super cool!!! Pic and video attached.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted 30+ NYPD Mach-E GT fleet [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220422_124632

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Much better than the Smart cars they used before!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted 30+ NYPD Mach-E GT fleet [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1651420072143

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Should be an interesting test of durability - both the platform itself and the battery as I'm sure these are going to 100% every night. I love my Mach E but I don't think these are going to hold up well.

kkl9588

First Name
Kishawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
So that's where my space white MME is (non-GT) ......been waiting since Sept.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
pretty telling how many people posting here actually dont think their mach-e is very good.

I think this is a great move and a better look than the explorer's they often use.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
pretty telling how many people posting here actually dont think their mach-e is very good.

I think this is a great move and a better look than the explorer's they often use.
I canā€™t agree more šŸ‘

This is going to be a great application.

So much of their time is spent at idle - thisā€™ll be a solid move

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I canā€™t agree more šŸ‘

This is going to be a great application.

So much of their time is spent at idle - thisā€™ll be a solid move
Ever try to go around the block in Manhattan during the day, 1 hour and youā€™ve gone 800 ft

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I drove by my Ford dealership the other day and today. I noticed a lot of MMEā€™s on the lot. Stopped by and saw over 30 cars, mostly GTā€™s.
they were special order- Fleet

Turns out they are all for the NYC Police Department. I had read that the NYC PD had ordered 100 or so MMEā€™s. I guess these are the start.

Update:

The pressure was too great. I drove over to the dealership and took some pictures.MMEā€™s as far as the eye can see. Some of the cars already had NYS inspection stickers on them. This morning only three had been inspected now over a dozen. I guess they have been prepped and ready to be picked up or shipped out. A few of the cars are dealer stock orders.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted 30+ NYPD Mach-E GT fleet [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1651420072143

Itā€™ll be easier to talk your way out of a ticket. BlueCruise made me do it!

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
I also can't imagine the MME being a decent police car or taxi. My mind is blown that people are green lighting this. Getting in out of the back seats for a good number of adults is no easy task. The only thing that I'd sign off on would be a base model MME for parking enforcement or parking lot security.
Strange post. I find the back seat very easy to get in and out of.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
Oh I wish you took pics of that!

What's going to happen when the cops get a "stop safely now" HVBJB crap-out while fighting crime?
Same thing the driver of an ICE vehicle does when the ā€œcheck Engineā€˜ light comes on. Consumers Energy Reports says MME has been pretty reliable.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Strange post. I find the back seat very easy to get in and out of.
Not a strange post. Congrats that you can get in and out of the MME easily. So can I. I've had plenty of people of all shapes in sizes ride in the back of my MME. It's significantly harder to get in and out of than a crown vic and a ford explorer for a significant portion of body types. Lets not kid ourselves here... it's a sports suv with a heavily raked rear roof line. I love the style of this roof line and I prefer it over something squared off but the MME seems like a weird choice for a patrol vehicle. Also, the rear doors don't have any rear handles.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I hope they have already figured out how to charge all of these cars.
Well Duh, NYPD has roughly 36,000 officers and you think plugging in 100 EV's is something they can't figure out, now that's funny right there! šŸ˜‚
Sponsored