benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just logged into my vehicle dashboard, and noticed the connected services link has updated. It now mentions you can manage Ford Streaming from there. Once you go to the link there is no mention of it, but maybe this is something new coming?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted: Ford Streaming coming as new feature? 1639422295345

So far, this is what I've been able to find out about this feature that is coming. It's possible there is more to it, but this is all I have found out so far.

With Ford Streaming, you can stream your favorite music, podcasts, audiobooks (and more) right to your vehicle using intuitive Alexa voice commands ā€“ and you can enjoy a variety of available, in-vehicle brain games as well as stay up to date on local and global news with your very own, personalized Flash Briefing. Timing is TBD at the moment
Sponsored

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just logged into my vehicle dashboard, and noticed the connected services link has updated. It now mentions you can manage Ford Streaming from there. Once you go to the link there is no mention of it, but maybe this is something new coming?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted: Ford Streaming coming as new feature? 1639422295345
That would be awesome! I wasn't really in the camp wanting streaming on the MME screen since my iPhone or iPad are just fine when charging or sitting in my car, but this would still be great to have and help "level" the playing field when people compare the MME to Tesla!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just did a live chat on Fordā€™s website. They said: Ford Streaming is in reference to Bluetooth Audio which allows the Bluetooth-connected device to wirelessly stream audio to the SYNCĀ® system. SYNC will take this audio stream and play it through the carā€™s audio system.

That doesnā€™t sound correct, or is a pretty poor way to label it if thatā€™s really what Ford Streaming Services areā€¦

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just did a live chat on Fordā€™s website. They said: Ford Streaming is in reference to Bluetooth Audio which allows the Bluetooth-connected device to wirelessly stream audio to the SYNCĀ® system. SYNC will take this audio stream and play it through the carā€™s audio system.

That doesnā€™t sound correct, or is a pretty poor way to label it if thatā€™s really what Ford Streaming Services areā€¦
That sounds like a clueless first level tech support agent that just searched for streaming in their knowledge base. That wouldn't be a subscription. Unless they plan on making that a monthly fee to enable bluetooth.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
That sounds like a clueless first level tech support agent that just searched for streaming in their knowledge base. That wouldn't be a subscription. Unless they plan on making that a monthly fee to enable bluetooth.
Definitely does not sound right at all. Bluetooth streaming is LOCAL to your car and your phone and has been around forever. There would be no need to list "Bluetooth streaming" as an online service because it's obviously not an online service.

I think the OP was right on the money with his assumption that this might potentially mean online streaming support for services like Spotify, Netflix, YouTube etc.. and I would be pretty excited to see this integrated right into the head unit so I can retire the use of my MMB streaming device.

balby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Speaking of streaming. Has this media button always been there??
Ford Mustang Mach-E Spotted: Ford Streaming coming as new feature? 368B6219-82EA-49E1-BFA1-2FC0B5315CA3

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Speaking of streaming. Has this media button always been there??
368B6219-82EA-49E1-BFA1-2FC0B5315CA3.jpeg
That button changes depending on what source you're listening to. It will say radio if you're listing to the radio, SXM if you're on satellite, etc

balby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
That button changes depending on what source you're listening to. It will say radio if you're listing to the radio, SXM if you're on satellite, etc
Thanks. That makes sense. I thought I broke something after trying to listen to Apple Music through Bluetooth instead of CarPlay. Lol

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I was just gonna post about this cause I saw it on the Ford site too! This is exciting! I hope it's at least Netflix!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would be awesome! I wasn't really in the camp wanting streaming on the MME screen since my iPhone or iPad are just fine when charging or sitting in my car, but this would still be great to have and help "level" the playing field when people compare the MME to Tesla!
Imagine all the chargers switching to per hour charging haha. I hope we get some video apps!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be cool if this used the modem like the Sirius 360L system does for On Demand content, it's perfectly capable of streaming content, probably not 4k, but at least 480-720p.

This wouldn't be a surprising add, because the first thing anyone says when they see the big center screen is "Can you watch movies on that?" and I then I just say "No, but I can play a mean game of Tic Tac Toe"