First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone had a problem of squirrels
Ford Mustang Mach-E Squirrel damage to my 2022 Mach-E 33870C71-31B6-48BE-A2FB-EF0392D404F1
eating their Mach-E? Not sure if theres any damage inside to the wiring but the front bumper has to be replaced. If you’ve had this problem what have you used to stop it from happening again?
Sponsored

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Squirrel damage to my 2022 Mach-E HoratioCaneCsiMiamiGIF
eating their Mach-E? Not sure if theres any damage inside to the wiring but the front bumper has to be replaced. If you’ve had this problem what have you used to stop it from happening again?
That’s wild

OP
OP

Rose 2022 Mach E

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/products.php?mi=44491&itemnum=35802

This is only kind of a joke - squirrels are awful, tenacious, destructive little creatures. I've not seen them damage plastic trim before though. People here have tried peppermint, ultrasonic deterrents, etc. Hard to say if any one thing worked better than the other. Do you park indoors?
I haven’t been parking indoors but I told my husband to get all the toys out of the way because as soon as its fixed it is going in the garage lol. Unfortunately I had my charger installed outside so now I will have to get the electrician back to hook me up in the garage.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s what I’m worried about. I have one picture that when you zoom in you can see they have also been eating parts on the inside.
I believe someone posted about some critters making a home under the frunk which is why I mentioned it!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Squirrel damage to my 2022 Mach-E HoratioCaneCsiMiamiGIF
wow, this is a horrendous example of what can happen with a nice 'aero' belly and bumper pan with gaping holes around the suspension.... inviting rodents of all sorts to nest if you park outside.

I plan to pull the pans and see if I can add some wire mesh and solid paneling to discourage infiltration.... rodents, slush/snow collection being equally concerning. Gotta leave airflow, but I'd like to block out the slush and animals.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
If you park on the same spot you can buy a couple of fake snakes and/or fake foxes and put them around the spot. You have to move and rotate them every few days. This should also work against rats.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
That is crazy and I am sorry that something chewed on your car. I have buddy that lives in the mountains and he has a rat and mouse issue. He has to leave the hood open on all his cars. This way the little varmints don't feel safe and nest in the engine bay. They love to eat the insulation on wires and of course, use the area as a bathroom. He says the open hood works.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I buy this stuff to keep mice out of the garage. I go through a good bit of it, but so far, so good. (Knocks on wood.)

Peppermint Spray by the Gallon

OP
OP

Rose 2022 Mach E

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
I buy this stuff to keep mice out of the garage. I go through a good bit of it, but so far, so good. (Knocks on wood.)

Peppermint Spray by the Gallon
Thanks! I will have to give it a try. I did try googling a remedy and it came up with a home made garlic, onion, vinegar (can’t imagine what my house would smell like lol) mix but I think this would be better.
Sponsored