Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Effective Jan 26 2021
SSM 49493 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Cannot Charge High Voltage Battery Using The Mobile Charger

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a concern where the vehicle cannot be charged or does not charge properly when using the mobile charger. The bluestatus indicator light on the charger control box may not illuminate, may turn on and off intermittently, or may illuminate amber. This may be due to the connector which runs between the household outlet and the charger control box not being fully seated into the charger control box. Ensure that this connector is fully inserted into the charger control box. When the connector is properly inserted, the flange on the connector will be flush with the casing of the charger control box. If the flange of the connector protrudes out from the charger control box, the connector is not fully seated into the charger control box.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 CAR: GW CX727N C-EV
Sponsored

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Is a TSB different than an SSM or did they change names?
I see TSBs, GSBs and SSMs. They are different somehow.
I think TSB is Technical Service Bulletin
Not sure about GSB.....General?
I think SSM is Special Service Memo but I don't remember for certain. Maybe there is a Ford Tech on here that knows the actual terms? .....??

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I see TSBs, GSBs and SSMs. They are different somehow.
I think TSB is Technical Service Bulletin
Not sure about GSB.....General?
I think SSM is Special Service Memo but I don't remember for certain. Maybe there is a Ford Tech on here that knows the actual terms? .....??
(Not a Ford tech, but with the help of google...)
General Service Bulletins - how to information
Technical Service Bulletin - detailing issues that are found in the field and often apply to multiple vehicles.
Special Service Mesages - messages that apply for temporary concerns on Ford’s part, and may become TSB or vanish.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
(Not a Ford tech, but with the help of google...)
General Service Bulletins - how to information
Technical Service Bulletin - detailing issues that are found in the field and often apply to multiple vehicles.
Special Service Mesages - messages that apply for temporary concerns on Ford’s part, and may become TSB or vanish.
Yes, "Make sure the charger is plugged in" is not really a service bulletin, lol...

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Haha. So, basically, user error. Push it into the charger all the way. Good to know, though, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Haha. So, basically, user error. Push it into the charger all the way. Good to know, though, thanks for sharing.
Yeah.
Makes me laugh too.

Ya know....one day I got a call from my wife that her C-Max Energi was making a really weird and loud sound and she wanted to know if she should have it towed to the dealership. I asked if there was a check engine light or some other warning messages and she said there were none. So I asked her to just take it home and I would look at it later.

Turns out the loud noise was the engine turning on. A PHEV does that from time to time even if you spend most all your time on EV mode. We all had a good laugh at that one....
:)

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
Is a TSB different than an SSM or did they change names?
a TSB is a written Bulletin while an SSM is just a posted message. I also seen a message to clear the driver history so the range is reset when the new car prep is performed

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
a TSB is a written Bulletin while an SSM is just a posted message. I also seen a message to clear the driver history so the range is reset when the new car prep is performed
Ford is also offering service technicians $100 for any valid concern with with the 2021 Mustang Mach e. Something new to quickly identify problems in the field.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks! I feel like a dumarse. Was wondering why it wasn't charging. At first I thought orange meant slow charging on the 110v. But FordPass says "Pause". Thank god for the forum and this post.
Sponsored