breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 49673 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - March 17, 2021 - Sirius Presets/Audio Settings Not Saving After A Key Cycle - Engineering Investigation

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may experience a symptom of Sirius presets not saving after a key cycle for additional pages 4-6 or audio settings for tone, balance, speed compensated volume or sound mode not saving after a key cycle. Inform the customer that Ford is developing software that will be programmed to the vehicle via an over-the-air (OTA) update in 2Q 2021. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment for May2021. Once the update becomes available, contact the customer to ask whether they received the OTA update and confirm if the service appointment is going forward. Monitor OASIS for updates.

END SSM

At least they are aware and we are expecting an update in Q2 though they say to make an appointment in May...
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Thats how Ford software updates are. Last year there was a bug where Sync 3 would always say "in Michigan" no matter what state you were in with voice controls. Took them 4 months to release an update.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Inform the customer that Ford is developing software that will be programmed to the vehicle via an over-the-air (OTA) update in 2Q 2021. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment for May2021.
I don't suppose this is referring to the first "March 18" OTA? It might be because that OTA is supposedly being rolled out over a month's time, so in theory by May 2021 every can should have received that OTA.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/first-ota-update-for-mach-e-coming-march-18-tomorrow.4536/

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I don't suppose this is referring to the first "March 18" OTA?
I sure hope so but somehow I think it isn't true.

"Ford pushed out Sync 4a too soon; they clearly are rushing things too much"
"Ford is moving too slowly; they should push out software much faster"
?
Isn't this the truth. I think they had to find the right balance between software bugs and getting people their cars. To be entirely honest I think they did a pretty good job. They're addressing the bugs that break the car first (like not being able to unlock it or alarm going off), and then addressing the ones that are more of a nuisance (settings not retaining) second. Then maybe we'll get new features.

Not to mention QNX does the sync 4 software so I wonder how much Ford really has to do with it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think they see themselves as slow and steady wins the race, as opoosed to tesla who is in the uber fast lane. I just wish we had a middle ground choice. I don't like either one of these current choices to be honest. I wish I could just ignore this stuff and enjoy the car, but alas...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't suppose this is referring to the first "March 18" OTA? It might be because that OTA is supposedly being rolled out over a month's time, so in theory by May 2021 every can should have received that OTA.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/first-ota-update-for-mach-e-coming-march-18-tomorrow.4536/
I'll let you know if my sound setting start loading. They get saved, and load if you go to a different profile and back to yours.

I got the update last night so I'll go test it out in a bit.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I thought it was my imagination I kept losing the number of preset rows i chose and every now and then some of my stations would disappear. It's very easy to change a preset if my finger stays a little too long on the icon and then I have to figure out which station was changed. Somebody mentioned pressing the driver setting on the door to save everything when you make a change. I will see if that works.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Just tested it out, This OTA did NOT fix this issue.

Sound settings/sirius presets still don't load with your profile unless you choose number 2 or 3 on the door buttons, then go back to 1. At that point all the settings load correctly.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
This month is the OTA?

WHO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Mach E FE
Occupation
TP
Country flag
Aaaaand...still happening in May

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
Thanks for posting this TSB and others like it! Very helpful. looking forward to not having to switch profiles every time I get in the car to reload audio settings.

SSM 49673 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - March 17, 2021 - Sirius Presets/Audio Settings Not Saving After A Key Cycle - Engineering Investigation

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may experience a symptom of Sirius presets not saving after a key cycle for additional pages 4-6 or audio settings for tone, balance, speed compensated volume or sound mode not saving after a key cycle. Inform the customer that Ford is developing software that will be programmed to the vehicle via an over-the-air (OTA) update in 2Q 2021. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment for May2021. Once the update becomes available, contact the customer to ask whether they received the OTA update and confirm if the service appointment is going forward. Monitor OASIS for updates.

END SSM

At least they are aware and we are expecting an update in Q2 though they say to make an appointment in May...