SSM 49676 - Alarm Activates When Unlocked Door Opened - Driver Door Does Not Unlock/Open - Door Activation Switch Not Lighting Up

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 49676 - March 18, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach E - Alarm Activates When Unlocked Door Opened - Driver Door Does Not Unlock/Open - Door Activation Switch Not Lighting Up

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may experience a concern of the alarm activating when an unlocked door is opened, the driver door does not unlock/open when pressing the door activation switch, or the door activation switch not lighting up. This may be due to a software configuration in the body control module (BCM).To correct the condition, reprogram the BCM using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor times in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

END SSM

It appears they have a quick fix already for this issue. If UCDS has been updated to support the MME (I doubt it) I'll update it myself. Otherwise off to the dealer it goes. Mine has done both of these things. Only once has the alarm gone off, but twice now it won't open the driver door.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I've come across this recently (door switch not lighting up, door not unlocking when pressing the switch) and thought it was because of my PaaK. Perhaps they are related?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I've come across this recently (door switch not lighting up, door not unlocking when pressing the switch) and thought it was because of my PaaK. Perhaps they are related?
It's done it for me with the key fob too. It seems to be a software bug with the BCM not allowing the driver door to be unlocked when you approach it sometimes. However it lets all other doors be unlocked. Once another door is opened or you hit unlock on the fob or your phone the driver door wakes up and is unlocked. Likely just some message getting lost sometimes. Wrong order of delivery or something.

The BCM controls all signals related to door unlocking/locking. It gets the info from the RFA that your fob or phone are within distance (or you hit the unlock button) and sends an unlock signal to the each door module and the rear gate module. Then when you press the door button the latch actuates as it is in an unlocked state.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I noticed yesterday when I had forscan connected I had a bunch of DTC's for bluetooth and door control modules. Most were just that they weren't getting signal from the antennas. Possibly related.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Thank you! I sent that to my dealer. I have that issue. Can't open the driver's door if I don't unlock the car first with the fob or another door

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I noticed yesterday when I had forscan connected I had a bunch of DTC's for bluetooth and door control modules. Most were just that they weren't getting signal from the antennas. Possibly related.
Every single MME I have run the VIN for has the codes for lost connection to antenna. That code is in the RFA though, not the BCM and they're talking about updating the BCM so I don't think it is related. I think there is a software issue in the RFA causing it to think antenna signals are lost. The DTC literally say no signal to antenna like it is unplugged. Very odd.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Every single MME I have run the VIN for has the codes for lost connection to antenna. That code is in the RFA though, not the BCM and they're talking about updating the BCM so I don't think it is related. I think there is a software issue in the RFA causing it to think antenna signals are lost. The DTC literally say no signal to antenna like it is unplugged. Very odd.
I really noticed it now because after the OTA, my dashboard on the ford website now shows 4 active alerts on my car. Another user has the same 4 alerts on his after the update as well .

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
My alarm activated in my garage when opening the door once, it was awful but it only honked like once then stopped.

So what steps do we do? Do I have to call my delearship and tell them about "SSM-49676"

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've had this issue. And it's intermittent.

I'd rather not have to go to the dealer for stuff like this. Yeah I want it fixed. No, I don't need it urgently.

I wish the SSMs would specify whether these updates will also be made available OTA.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Are the SSMs notices only internally available for dealers as part of oasis and such?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My alarm activated in my garage when opening the door once, it was awful but it only honked like once then stopped.

So what steps do we do? Do I have to call my delearship and tell them about "SSM-49676"
Based on the SSM, this will be a hard wired programming. So yes, you should be able to tell your dealer you need SSM-49676 to be preformed. This is how I've done many updates to vehicles over the years. Depending on the dealer, they will either just do the update with no questions asked, or they will have to actually reproduce the issue before they will do the update.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yes. Tell your dealer "sometimes" the alarm goes off or the door won't unlock and you'd like it reprogrammed under the SSM. To claim warranty *usually* the dealer has to see the issue happen. They probably won't see it happen, so most will just tell Ford they did and do the software update. However if you say it only happened once they may not.

I've had this issue. And it's intermittent.

I'd rather not have to go to the dealer for stuff like this. Yeah I want it fixed. No, I don't need it urgently.

I wish the SSMs would specify whether these updates will also be made available OTA.
In theory Ford should be able to OTA all modules but it is possible they didn't make it that way.

The SSM talking about not retaining sync settings does specify that it will be an OTA update. However this one just doesn't say anything so it may not be.

Are the SSMs notices only internally available for dealers as part of oasis and such?
Yeah they're in OASIS. I don't know if Ford makes them public. I think TSBs are usually made public.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I started having this issue in the last week or so. It is intermittent and agrrevating for me as well. The workarounds described here works for me as well. I sent the SSM to the Tech today. I have to get the lose bolts checked/tightened so he can do this as well. I told him it is intermittent and he might not be able to recreate it.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's done it for me with the key fob too. It seems to be a software bug with the BCM not allowing the driver door to be unlocked when you approach it sometimes. However it lets all other doors be unlocked. Once another door is opened or you hit unlock on the fob or your phone the driver door wakes up and is unlocked. Likely just some message getting lost sometimes. Wrong order of delivery or something.

The BCM controls all signals related to door unlocking/locking. It gets the info from the RFA that your fob or phone are within distance (or you hit the unlock button) and sends an unlock signal to the each door module and the rear gate module. Then when you press the door button the latch actuates as it is in an unlocked state.
This started happening to me today! Doesn’t matter if you are using the phone or key fob. Door will only open if unlocked through key fob, keypad, or by opening another door.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I took my MME in to service last week for a few issues, one of which was the alarm acting funny and the “alarm motion sensors: off” setting refusing to stick upon restarting the car. Possibly related or possibly not.

Got a call from the service dept asking me to bring my car back in to perform the reprogramming of the BCM noted in this thread.

Time will tell if this makes any improvement to the finicky alarm issue. But it did NOT fix the problem of the motion sensor: off setting refusing to stick. And as an added “bonus,” the reprogramming erased my profile and rest all my settings.

I’m becoming increasingly pissed off that there’s way for me to communicate my bugs directly to a knowledgable department. I’m beta testing Ford’s freaking car but I have to report all the problems to clueless CR agents and service department guys.

It’s times like this I wish I had Twitter since that appears to be the best way to get anybody’s attention. Ugh.
Sponsored