SSM 49676 - Alarm Activates When Unlocked Door Opened - Driver Door Does Not Unlock/Open - Door Activation Switch Not Lighting Up

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if my issue with the front passenger side door is related? Using either the fob or my phone (with FordPass open), I get the same results. I can approach either door on the driver’s side, the lift gate, or the rear passenger door, press the button and that door opens. However, if I approach the front passenger door with fob or phone and press the open button, it does not open the door and the circle inside the button doesn’t light up — however, I do hear some sounds in the door. If I press any other door button, Marlin wakes up, the door opener buttons light up, the doors unlock, and the front passenger door button works fine. If I wave my foot under the lift gate, Marlin wakes up and the door button lights all come on but the passenger door still won’t open until another door button has been pressed.
Sponsored

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had my dealer apply SSM 49676 today(reprogrammed the BCM with the latest software) in addition to handling my recall. So far it recognizes my FOB when I approach the driver side door and the button lights up and I can open the door. Since it was intermittent I will have to wait and see. But so far it seems encouraging.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I had the problem with the driver door and had SSM 49676 applied. It solved the problem but I now have the problem with the read door (driver side). Do they need to apply the SSM again? Is there a different SSM? I always was septical about this door desing, and I will be angry if I have to pay $100-200 each time it happens out of warranty.

It's really the same problem, the door will open only if the car is unlocked. And if I open the driver's door a few seconds after trying the rear door, both doors open at the same time.

Did anybody else had the problem twice?

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
I'm having this same issue now -- with all 4 doors, and not just the driver's side. Do I just go to my dealer and ask them to look up the SSM 49676 patch?

Separately, the foot-activated auto tailgate feature seems to have stopped working ...

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be good if discussion like this; ssm (recalls) got stickied up top and pinned for easy access of what has been addressed along with the discussion of the fix.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
As posted in another thread, this SSM update seems to have resolved the issue for me too. (FWIW, my MME had a production date of 5/3/2021 but apparently didn't get the update from this SSM at the factory, in QC or at prep)

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
As posted in another thread, this SSM update seems to have resolved the issue for me too. (FWIW, my MME had a production date of 5/3/2021 but apparently didn't get the update from this SSM at the factory, in QC or at prep)
How was this resolved? I get anxiety opening my car door every time.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
How was this resolved? I get anxiety opening my car door every time.
Apparently, they simply applied whatever software update that is spelled out in the SSM posted at the top of this thread.

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
It's really the same problem, the door will open only if the car is unlocked. And if I open the driver's door a few seconds after trying the rear door, both doors open at the same time.

Did anybody else had the problem twice?
I have not taken mine in for the SSM update - but I do have the issue where the rear door won't open (sometimes) until the front door is opened, then both open at the same time. Related? Different BCM issue? PaaK proximity issue? I don't know - I'm just hoping Ford figures it out and pushes it OTA. I hate going to the dealer for software updates.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
I'm having this same issue now -- with all 4 doors, and not just the driver's side. Do I just go to my dealer and ask them to look up the SSM 49676 patch?

Separately, the foot-activated auto tailgate feature seems to have stopped working ...
UPDATE: My Mach-E was in the shop for most of the day yesterday getting the PaaK software update and the SSM 49676 patch for the door locks, etc. All of those issues are now completely resolved. Phone as a Key now works, and the car recognizes the fob and the phone on approach. All doors open and function as they did at the beginning.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My car just started having the driver's door won't open issue. Two questions.
1. My issue started while I approached the car talking on my cellphone. Could that have had anything to do with it or just coincidence?
2. Has anyone found a solution other than taking the car into the dealer? (I really don't trust the dealer to be able to do it successfully, as they keep me on hold for long intervals while looking for someone to answer ANY questions about the Mach-E.)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. My issue started while I approached the car talking on my cellphone. Could that have had anything to do with it or just coincidence?
2. Has anyone found a solution other than taking the car into the dealer? (I really don't trust the dealer to be able to do it successfully, as they keep me on hold for long intervals while looking for someone to answer ANY questions about the Mach-E.)
Hooking it up to a machine and letting it installing soft/firmware is not something complete new. I would think they should have a handle on that. An OTA would be no more secure.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good morning. I would like to assist with your Mach-E door concern. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and some additional details so I can look further into this?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I had the PAAK fix done at the dealer's this week. That cleared up this issue. I am thinking they probably rolled up all the updates which included the one the OP mentioned.
Sponsored