eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
It never asks or it doesn't take it?

You might have to hit Start a few times to get it to ask apparently based on other posts on the site.
I had set it up, but now if I were to access teh car without a key, it never appears.

And when I go to settings, I don't have the option to reset/delete the code. I have to create a new one, and when I attempt it, I get an error. It's an odd bug.
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
So my PAAK worked perfectly (for a month) before the OTA update I received yesterday. Now I get 'No key detected'. So wondering if this bulletin and service update would put me back in service?
Same issue here. Paak has worked pretty well for me before the update. For the last couple of days it now starts the car then immediately goes to no key detected as I back out. I'll try the cache clear this morning. This is definitely new behavior.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am having this problem. I have only had my MME for 4 days now. Put key in a Faraday bag and tried PAAK and it was an epic fail. Backup code works like a charm though ;) I am due back to the dealer to get my Ford front and rear dashcams, ceramic coating and wheel locks installed so I'll have them do the reprogram then too.
My Ford Pass app says I have 4 messages but no messages show up. I have not sync with my vehicle yet. I pick it up tomorrow. I have deleted the app. I have cleared the cache/Data on android. It was stuck on 3 for a long time but went to 4 on Friday. Anyone else have this problem? I don't know if I'm missing messages from Ford because none have ever shown up. I've uninstalled reinstalled. The only thing I think I can do is create a new account with different user name. Unless I could contact Ford to get them to refresh their cache on their systems, but I don't know anyway to do that:-(

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
So my PAAK worked perfectly (for a month) before the OTA update I received yesterday. Now I get 'No key detected'. So wondering if this bulletin and service update would put me back in service?
Same here. Both phones dropped off. I removed both as phone keys and reinstalled and they seemed to work...but alas, same as usual it works 85-90% of the time. When it doesn’t work I often see on the FordPass app a very rapid “Bluetooth connected/disconnected” status change.l back and forth 3-4x per second. Might take it in and try the update.
This happened on my old iPhone 7 so I got a brand new 12 just for this car and it went from 50% good to 85-90%.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Sounds like the new “express” lane at the service center needs to evolve from oil changes, to diagnostic service.
Like working on machinery the longest part is making a LOTO. Unfortunately a 10 minute diagnosis and update at my service centers is like a month out appointment to get your name on a date and time.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
On iPhone at least, PaaK works better with newer phones. I upgraded to an iPhone 12 from an iPhone X and it made a pretty big difference.

It's still inconsistent and slow, but less so.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone actually gotten this SSM installed to see if it works? I've been exclusively using PaaK since I got the car and I can say that it works pretty well for opening the doors, but I get the "No Key Detected" almost every time UNLESS I put the phone in the charge pad first, then it seems to work right away. I don't have to unlock the phone or open the app, just put my phone on the charge pad. I wonder if the sensor for PaaK is right in that area and maybe the SSM configurations tweak how sensitive it is?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I called my dealer today to try and get scheduled for this. Three times today I had to use the Pilar code to get in, and the start code to drive. Then the car starts up, CarPlay connects, and the display says no key detected. ?

Firstattempt

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pending Delivery MME
Country flag
Had the update at the dealer today. Did more harm then good. The phone before the install would work 50 % of the time. Now not at all. Even after reconnecting everything. We will need to see Fords next move on this topic. I now have 2 keys.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Had the update at the dealer today. Did more harm then good. The phone before the install would work 50 % of the time. Now not at all. Even after reconnecting everything. We will need to see Fords next move on this topic. I now have 2 keys.
Well, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for taking one for the team here... sorry that happened to you.
I can only imagine Ford is aware of this and hopefully pushing an OTA out soon.
PaaK works for me about 80% of the time, and for my wife -- never, lol. She uses the fob.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My PAAK worked with 0 issues yesterday. Worked instantly like I had the key fob. I haven't done the update. It is so odd how sometimes it's amazing other times it has issues. I wonder if it isn't all Fords fault and it is part of how the phone's bluetooth works, especially when the phone is in your pocket.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Well, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for taking one for the team here... sorry that happened to you.
I can only imagine Ford is aware of this and hopefully pushing an OTA out soon.
PaaK works for me about 80% of the time, and for my wife -- never, lol. She uses the fob.
I've found that if I have the app open it generally works. But I've also found that if I get my phone out of my pocket and just place it on the charging pad it always works the first time.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I've found that if I have the app open it generally works. But I've also found that if I get my phone out of my pocket and just place it on the charging pad it always works the first time.
I generally put it there. But it's more a problem with the approach to the car from the outside -- that's the part that's inconsistent for me. Often times I'll wait at the door for up to 10 seconds before it finally connects and unlocks.

I feel this is partially a result of using bluetooth for something it was never really designed for.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
My PAAK worked with 0 issues yesterday. Worked instantly like I had the key fob. I haven't done the update. It is so odd how sometimes it's amazing other times it has issues. I wonder if it isn't all Fords fault and it is part of how the phone's bluetooth works, especially when the phone is in your pocket.
I think that is a lot of it. I rebooted my phone, noticed the Ford app didn't auto-start. Had to manually start it. Another time, I noticed that once my phone goes into battery saver mode, it seems to mess up the app and I have to force stop it, then reopen it. Works until the next battery saver. How many of these issues are car vs Fordpass vs Android, I don't know. Probably all three.
Sponsored