breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 49737 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - 16 April 2021 - Audio Inoperative - No Sound From Audio Speakers - No Communication With ACM Or DSP - DTC U1084, U0237 And/Or U0238

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or before 29-Mar-2021 may exhibit a concern of the audio inoperative, no sound from audio speakers, chimes default to coming through the Instrument cluster, no communication with audio control module (ACM) or digital signal processor (DSP) module, and/or DTC U1084, U0237 and/or U0238. This may be due to the software in the DSP. To correct this condition,perform a hard reset of the DSP by disconnecting the 12-volt battery. Access the battery through the front luggage compartment by removing the left trim panel.Reprogram the DSP module using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and any applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

END SSM

Not sure who this applies to but another update. This time for the DSP module which is one that CANNOT be updated OTA.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ford has really got to release a version of the luggage compartment trim that makes the 12V battery more accessible, since it appears it frequently needs to be accessed. Perhaps in the next iteration of the vehicle, they can just stick it in the passenger cabin in the center console or something ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ford has really got to release a version of the luggage compartment trim that makes the 12V battery more accessible, since it appears it frequently needs to be accessed. Perhaps in the next iteration of the vehicle, they can just stick it in the passenger cabin in the center console or something ?
Well strictly speaking they don't have to. They should though. Or ... they can wait until everyone has had every possible SSM related to the 12-volt battery, no matter how tangentially, and then there'd be no need to do that. ;)

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Must...not...laugh, I'm a Tesla owner in the Mach-E forum... :rolleyes:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Depending on how comfortable you feel drilling out plastic (while off the car, of course:)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-add-access-ports-for-lvb-connection-points.4107/

I bought the plugs already, just need a weekend to do it...

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Laugh away! Plenty of us are both Tesla and Mach-E owners. You're in good company.
And yes, Ford needs to update the trim panel under the frunk for sure to have a 12v access panel. I bet it'll happen on the 2022 models. And I'll buy that trim piece, lol.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Laugh away! Plenty of us are both Tesla and Mach-E owners. You're in good company.
And yes, Ford needs to update the trim panel under the frunk for sure to have a 12v access panel. I bet it'll happen on the 2022 models. And I'll buy that trim piece, lol.
I appreciate that, yet I do want to stay away from being a "Stan".

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Well, my radio worked perfectly until Sunday. I got home from the Mustang Day rally Saturday afternoon, with everything working fine, and plugged in to charge that evening. I went out (way too early) yesterday (Sunday) for work, and I was at 87% so I disconnected the charger, rolled up the cord, and hopped in to head to work. No Radio. I stopped the car and rebooted it, no change. I noticed that not only was I not getting volume control for the radio, but I also couldn't use CarPlay due to no volume. when I got to work, I looked in the settings for a second or two, and noticed that I can not select any options for speed compensated volume adjustment, that I couldn't select between stereo and surround, and that my fade control was set to the back left corner, and returned to that position after I readjusted it. So, off to the dealership I go first thing this morning.

I got to the dealership right before the service dept opened because I need to leave for work by 10:00, and was the second person in. explained to the service advisor what issue I was having, and that I had found some information that could be applicable (this thread). He ignored me, choosing to attempt to see if a setting was set wrong, and found exactly the same things I had mentioned ?. He didn't want to hear anything about the service bulletin. but wanted me to leave the car.

No problem, I just need a loaner while you look at the car. Here is where I had a problem... The dealership just restructured under new ownership last week, and are still coming back online with Fords systems. Functionally, this means that they currently don't have provisioning for a loaner car at this point, but should have that "soon". "You should call me later this week to set up an appointment with provisions for a loaner". note that he didn't say "Let me make a couple notes and call you as soon as we can set up an appointment with a loaner vehicle". To say the I am a bit disappointed is beyond an understatement. Like, the kind of disappointed that leads to finding a different dealership to use for service, and I have been happy with this dealership for the past 3 1/2 years since returning to Michigan.

To be clear, my issue isn't that they couldn't give me a loaner and work on the car today. My issue is that I felt very dismissed by the service advisor, and he wants me to call back to see if the loaner issue is resolved rather than him getting in touch with me once the issue is resolved. He also didn't even bother to look to see if there were any service bulletins about this issue that could lead to a speedy resolution. To be fair, I haven't worked with this advisor before, and honestly can't remember ever seeing him there, but this left a bad taste in my mouth.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
you have a MME on order? I too previously owned a Model X we traded it in for a much better EV the Audi eTron, we still have the model 3 tho.. my son seem to like..but yeah thank god for Ford for making a better EV at a great price!

anyways does anyone know if the Audi eTron has this issue, the sound system in the etron is also BO ..

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
you have a MME on order? I too previously owned a Model X we traded it in for a much better EV the Audi eTron, we still have the model 3 tho.. my son seem to like..but yeah thank god for Ford for making a better EV at a great price!

anyways does anyone know if the Audi eTron has this issue, the sound system in the etron is also BO ..
It is not the sound system, it is the ACM or DSP, which are specific chips. These are often made by the likes of Qualcomm or NXP etc and are running specific versions of firmware developed for your manufacturer, make, and model. There is likely no correlation between the Audi design and the Ford design. Hope that helps.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Well, my radio worked perfectly until Sunday. I got home from the Mustang Day rally Saturday afternoon, with everything working fine, and plugged in to charge that evening. I went out (way too early) yesterday (Sunday) for work, and I was at 87% so I disconnected the charger, rolled up the cord, and hopped in to head to work. No Radio. I stopped the car and rebooted it, no change. I noticed that not only was I not getting volume control for the radio, but I also couldn't use CarPlay due to no volume. when I got to work, I looked in the settings for a second or two, and noticed that I can not select any options for speed compensated volume adjustment, that I couldn't select between stereo and surround, and that my fade control was set to the back left corner, and returned to that position after I readjusted it. So, off to the dealership I go first thing this morning.

I got to the dealership right before the service dept opened because I need to leave for work by 10:00, and was the second person in. explained to the service advisor what issue I was having, and that I had found some information that could be applicable (this thread). He ignored me, choosing to attempt to see if a setting was set wrong, and found exactly the same things I had mentioned ?. He didn't want to hear anything about the service bulletin. but wanted me to leave the car.

No problem, I just need a loaner while you look at the car. Here is where I had a problem... The dealership just restructured under new ownership last week, and are still coming back online with Fords systems. Functionally, this means that they currently don't have provisioning for a loaner car at this point, but should have that "soon". "You should call me later this week to set up an appointment with provisions for a loaner". note that he didn't say "Let me make a couple notes and call you as soon as we can set up an appointment with a loaner vehicle". To say the I am a bit disappointed is beyond an understatement. Like, the kind of disappointed that leads to finding a different dealership to use for service, and I have been happy with this dealership for the past 3 1/2 years since returning to Michigan.

To be clear, my issue isn't that they couldn't give me a loaner and work on the car today. My issue is that I felt very dismissed by the service advisor, and he wants me to call back to see if the loaner issue is resolved rather than him getting in touch with me once the issue is resolved. He also didn't even bother to look to see if there were any service bulletins about this issue that could lead to a speedy resolution. To be fair, I haven't worked with this advisor before, and honestly can't remember ever seeing him there, but this left a bad taste in my mouth.
Unfortunately every business has some employees that suck at their jobs/don't care. You drew the short straw and dealt with one today. The ownership change may negate the 3 1/2 years of satisfaction. If you want to continue working with this dealer a call to the service manager should tell you what you need to know. If he/she wants to work to resolve your issues (both CS and vehicle), then you're in good shape. If the manager blows you off too, it's time to move on.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Ford changed their loaner policy late last year. They will only pay for a loaner if the work is over 4 hours of book time to complete. Before they would do it for basically anything. So part of that is the dealer changing management, but if its a sub 4 hour job Ford won't pay for the loaner and most dealers won't pay for it out of pocket.

You also went to service with no appointment. They don't like that. Most don't even have extra loaners anyways, at least the ones by me don't. They're always fully booked.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ford changed their loaner policy late last year. They will only pay for a loaner if the work is over 4 hours of book time to complete. Before they would do it for basically anything. So part of that is the dealer changing management, but if its a sub 4 hour job Ford won't pay for the loaner and most dealers won't pay for it out of pocket.

You also went to service with no appointment. They don't like that. Most don't even have extra loaners anyways, at least the ones by me don't. They're always fully booked.
I understand all of these issues. my Problem is more that he put it on me to keep checking back periodically to find out when they can accommodate my need for a loaner than simply telling me he would get back with me as soon as it was possible to get me a loaner. Why put the onus on the customer to figure it out, when now I have to be the pest that keeps calling in to find out if we can do this yet, when I could just be sitting at home or work waiting (somewhat impatiently) for them to get back to me? And, I totally get that people come in all the time letting them know that they found out about a problem on the internet... but he completely ignored me about that. On a brand new vehicle.. that they haven’t even been trained on yet. He didn’t t even take the 30 seconds to see if the SSM even existed, let alone if it MIGHT apply to this case.
Sponsored