breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 49784 - May 6 2021 - 2020-2021 Corsair/Aviator/Navigator, 2021 Nautilus/Mach-E - Various Phone-As-A-Key Concerns

Some 2020-2021 Corsair/Aviator/Navigator and 2021 Nautilus/Mach-E customers maybe unable to activate Phone-as-a-key, have intermittent Phone-as-a-key connectivity, missing Phone-as-a-key button in the App, receiving Pairing Failed, Key Download Error or Connection Trouble message during Phone-as-a-key setup, Bluetooth Disconnected, Unable To Start, Backup Code Needed And/or Key Not Detected. Prior to performing any RFA diagnostics, verify the customer's phone app is at the latest version, the phone app is authorized to the vehicle and Location Service is enabled in customer's phone to allow for proper Phone-as-a-key operation. If a Phone-as-a-key concern remains, continue with normal RFA diagnosis. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 419-01. Utilize the FordPass Guides or Lincoln Way Concierge teams as needed to understand Phone-as-a-key operation.

END SSM

So they're telling us its user error?
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Epic fail from Ford for PaaK! When I had a Tesla it worked 100% of the time from when I bought it to when I traded it in.

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
SSM 49784 - May 6 2021 - 2020-2021 Corsair/Aviator/Navigator, 2021 Nautilus/Mach-E - Various Phone-As-A-Key Concerns

Some 2020-2021 Corsair/Aviator/Navigator and 2021 Nautilus/Mach-E customers maybe unable to activate Phone-as-a-key, have intermittent Phone-as-a-key connectivity, missing Phone-as-a-key button in the App, receiving Pairing Failed, Key Download Error or Connection Trouble message during Phone-as-a-key setup, Bluetooth Disconnected, Unable To Start, Backup Code Needed And/or Key Not Detected. Prior to performing any RFA diagnostics, verify the customer's phone app is at the latest version, the phone app is authorized to the vehicle and Location Service is enabled in customer's phone to allow for proper Phone-as-a-key operation. If a Phone-as-a-key concern remains, continue with normal RFA diagnosis. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 419-01. Utilize the FordPass Guides or Lincoln Way Concierge teams as needed to understand Phone-as-a-key operation.

END SSM

Or they are pointing fingers at our phones. I called Ford Guide to report the PaaK issue with my Motorola One phone running Android 10. A rep said my phone is not on their list (doesn't seem published) of supported phones. This list contains mostly iPhones and Samsung smartphones. However, my phone meets all the specs that Ford publishes online (Android 8+, Bluetooth 4.2+, etc). My phone works 100% time with a Tesla, but not with my MME. FordPass app is opened and shows connected to my car, but I still cannot open the door. I think Ford's PaaK implementation is lacking somewhere and they haven't admitted it fully yet.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
Or they are pointing fingers at our phones. I called Ford Guide to report the PaaK issue with my Motorola One phone running Android 10. A rep said my phone is not on their list (doesn't seem published) of supported phones. This list contains mostly iPhones and Samsung smartphones. However, my phone meets all the specs that Ford publishes online (Android 8+, Bluetooth 4.2+, etc). My phone works 100% time with a Tesla, but not with my MME. FordPass app is opened and shows connected to my car, but I still cannot open the door. I think Ford's PaaK implementation is lacking somewhere and they haven't admitted it fully yet.
After 3 months, I have concluded that phone as key is a joke. Today my car unlocks with the phone but won’t start with it. I had to enter the start code four times today!! Two days ago it was fine, but only after I deleted the phone and started over. It worked, but only lasted two days. I am springing for another fob and am REALLY pissed.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
After 3 months, I have concluded that phone as key is a joke. Today my car unlocks with the phone but won’t start with it. I had to enter the start code four times today!! Two days ago it was fine, but only after I deleted the phone and started over. It worked, but only lasted two days. I am springing for another fob and am REALLY pissed.
Same here. I scheduled a service to apply the update. I hope they do and hope it fixes the issue. Having the message of no key detected when you are in a hurry to drive a 4-year-old to urgent care is the last thing I wanted to see.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Did you have the update applied?

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
May I ask which phone model you have? I ordered a second fob like what you are thinking, but waiting for 3rd party auto locksmith to have updated software to program it. Right now (at least in my area), it seems only Ford dealers can program them at the rounded-up hourly rate of $150-160. Even if it takes them 10 minutes to program a fob, they are charging for that whole hour. Too pricey IMO. Going to wait and pay less than half of that.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
May I ask which phone model you have? I ordered a second fob like what you are thinking, but waiting for 3rd party auto locksmith to have updated software to program it. Right now (at least in my area), it seems only Ford dealers can program them at the rounded-up hourly rate of $150-160. Even if it takes them 10 minutes to program a fob, they are charging for that whole hour. Too pricey IMO. Going to wait and pay less than half of that.
iphone Xs

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
I have auto update and a message that some update was installed to fix ‘bugs’.
Also, I had taken the phone out of my pocket and tried both to lay it on the charge pad and also just held it in the air-nada.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I haven’t even tried to rely on PAAK because I don’t need one more thing to be frustrated by. FordPass is more than frustrating enough. Best of luck to you guys. Keep fighting the good fight. Maybe in 6mos it will work thanks to your beta testing and visits to the service center.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

END SSM

My phone stopped working as a key on my trip from OR to CA in Redding which has very bad ATT cell service. Also Ford pass apprefushed to startup. Ford said it was the cellular modem in the car. Took it in to dealer and they updated firmware on a number of modules via SSM 49603, 49785. Bought a new fob, they did mot have an MME fob, but they said a regular Ford fob was the same. Not quite as it has no liftgate button. So they sold me the fob at half price, but it does work and is now paired with my phone. After re-erasing all phone keys and reinstalling Fordpass, I was able to get everything working agin. On the dealer report Ford acknowledged a problem on their end snd said updates in June will fix this. Hard to know what to believe even when it’s in writing. Anyway things are working for me so I am reasonably happy. Just the adventure of being an early adopter.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I don’t understand why the cost of a new fob doesn’t include programming it to the car the first time. I mean, seriously, ”here, buy this part. Now, that part won’t work until you pay me more money.”? That’s some organized crime bull droppings.
Sponsored