Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I did talk to him. I also sent him the mod I made. He said he hasn't received any other reports that it doesn't work. I never said he wasn't a nice guy.
I just took ownership this week from a dealer in OH (front plates optional) and drove back to MD (required)... so I'm one of the few who needs to figure out how to add a front plate.

I reached out to Craig, who responded quickly that he's no longer selling brackets for the Mach E until further notice. That answers that.

Any reports on the Sto-n-Sho? Or should I just get the OEM license plate bracket via eBay and be done with it?
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just took ownership this week from a dealer in OH (front plates optional) and drove back to MD (required)... so I'm one of the few who needs to figure out how to add a front plate.

I reached out to Craig, who responded quickly that he's no longer selling brackets for the Mach E until further notice. That answers that.

Any reports on the Sto-n-Sho? Or should I just get the OEM license plate bracket via eBay and be done with it?
I’m guessing there are a few Forum members who can sell a removed one.

I think Craigs bracket needed some modifications to prevent it from interfering with the front bumper sensors.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
SSM 49796 - May 12, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Front License Plate Bracket Installation - built on or after 22-Apr-2021

2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 22-Apr-2021 will no longer have the front license plate bracket installed on the vehicle from the factory. The bracket is now a loose end item located in the trunk near the inflator kit to be installed at the dealer as part of the Pre-Delivery process.

END SSM

Screw you Ford for screwing us all before 22 April. We all need bumper plugs...oh well.
so happy to find this thread. I have ordered the GTPE and my dealer had no idea if it came pre-installed or not and is having trouble deleting it on the order because even though we didn't "add" it, it shows front license plate bracket.

It seems to me from looking at pictures and reviews that if those vents in front actually open and allow air through as reviewers have stated, then a front plate might interfere with that?

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
so happy to find this thread. I have ordered the GTPE and my dealer had no idea if it came pre-installed or not and is having trouble deleting it on the order because even though we didn't "add" it, it shows front license plate bracket.

It seems to me from looking at pictures and reviews that if those vents in front actually open and allow air through as reviewers have stated, then a front plate might interfere with that?
If your state requires a front plate then the bracket is automatically added to the order and the dealer is powerless to change it for legal reasons. It will come loose so just make sure your dealer knows not to install it on delivery.

The plate really doesn't interfere with the vents, it sits mostly above them, and they open and close based on cooling demand. Ford designed it to be okay.

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
Hey there! If anyone out there has an OEM front license plate bracket you've removed or never installed on your MME, I’d be interested in buying it from you. I was thinking $25 plus postage, if you can put it in a padded envelope and mail it to me.

I live in Texas, which requires a front plate. However, I bought my Mach-E from a dealer in Florida, where front plates are not required, and the car was shipped from the factory without a bracket.

My local Ford dealer couldn’t even find the part number in his catalog to order one for me, but said on other cars they typically run about $50 installed aftermarket.

Please let me know. Thanks!

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I live in Texas, which requires a front plate. However, I bought my Mach-E from a dealer in Florida, where front plates are not required, and the car was shipped from the factory without a bracket.
FWIW I drove around Texas for 4 years without a front license plate and never had any issues with The Law, though it got caught in a vehicle inspection once (out of 4 inspections) I just told them the bracket and plate were at home and I promised I'd put it on. Since you don't have to pay for re-inspection they didn't want to deal with it so they just shrugged and passed me (it appears that a FLP may not even be an inspection item anyway?).

Not saying you should risk it.......................... but the car does look a lot better without the front plate.

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
FWIW I drove around Texas for 4 years without a front license plate and never had any issues with The Law, though it got caught in a vehicle inspection once (out of 4 inspections) I just told them the bracket and plate were at home and I promised I'd put it on. Since you don't have to pay for re-inspection they didn't want to deal with it so they just shrugged and passed me (it appears that a FLP may not even be an inspection item anyway?).

Not saying you should risk it.......................... but the car does look a lot better without the front plate.
Yeah, I’ve read all the comments here and in other threads pro and con. I just decided I’d rather put the stock bracket on the car and be done with it. Now if Texas would allow the wrap license plate like California does, I’d do that in a heartbeat. Those are cool. Thanks!

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
I just messaged Stonshow and they sent me to a Mach E bracket that attaches to the bottom of the car and covers the entire sensor between the vents. So...apparently they don’t have a solution yet.

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
I just messaged Stonshow and they sent me to a Mach E bracket that attaches to the bottom of the car and covers the entire sensor between the vents. So...apparently they don’t have a solution yet.
Good to know.

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
Good to know.
Update:

Just called stonsho and they were super friendly and helpful. They are going to measure a Mach E and provide a solution that will allow the placement of the license plate as close as possible to the factory installed location. Hopefully this will prevent any sensor errors. Will update when I hear back from them.

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag

I've got the same issue. I also live in Texas and bought mine in Florida last week. I'd also be willing to pay any forum member for the front license plate bracket and shipping.

ryoustra

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
FYI, at the time I was trying to find a license plate bracket, most dealers had them seriously backordered. One recommended going the eBay route and gave me the part number to use: LJ8Z-17A385-AA. Here's a link to the one I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334044053396 (tho it arrived with no mounting hardware - screws, bolts, or whatever is to be used... still waiting to resolve that)

ryoustra

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
FYI, at the time I was trying to find a license plate bracket, most dealers had them seriously backordered. One recommended going the eBay route and gave me the part number to use: LJ8Z-17A385-AA. Here's a link to the one I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334044053396 (tho it arrived with no mounting hardware - screws, bolts, or whatever is to be used... still waiting to resolve that)
Update from the seller: it does NOT come with any hardware. The pins that are required are part number W704342S300, which (careful!) are sold one per package. Plenty on eBay though. However, it's not clear how they would be installed, if perhaps a special tool is needed for it???

Anyone know??
Sponsored