John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
SSM 49796 - May 12, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Front License Plate Bracket Installation - built on or after 22-Apr-2021

2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 22-Apr-2021 will no longer have the front license plate bracket installed on the vehicle from the factory. The bracket is now a loose end item located in the trunk near the inflator kit to be installed at the dealer as part of the Pre-Delivery process.

END SSM

Screw you Ford for screwing us all before 22 April. We all need bumper plugs...oh well.
The funny thing is for those of us who live in two-plate states, we hate it when it's not preinstalled at the factory because I have yet to see a dealership who can affix a plate holder squarely. It's always off center or tilted.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The funny thing is for those of us who live in two-plate states, we hate it when it's not preinstalled at the factory because I have yet to see a dealership who can affix a plate holder squarely. It's always off center or tilted.
The MME has pretty prominent dimples on the bumper for lining up the bracket holes. I wouldn't think most dealers will have a problem getting it in the right place. Mine didn't have any trouble.

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Hemp building materials entrepreneur
Country flag
Wowwwww, my build date was April 20 and I emailed my dealer no less than 5 times asking to take off the bracket to which he said he was powerless. To think I missed this by 2 days is pretty incredible. Maybe it will show up without the bracket, here's to hoping.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Not "us all". Some of us live in states without crazy laws.
Michigan doesn’t require a front license plate, but we do have some crazy laws. Among them, the regulations that give us the highest insurance rates in the country.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
They do, they sent me an email saying they have it now.
When you get it, can you post pictures so we can see if it raises the starting position hight of the plate compared to Craig's custom?

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
SSM 49796 - May 12, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Front License Plate Bracket Installation - built on or after 22-Apr-2021

2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 22-Apr-2021 will no longer have the front license plate bracket installed on the vehicle from the factory. The bracket is now a loose end item located in the trunk near the inflator kit to be installed at the dealer as part of the Pre-Delivery process.

END SSM

Screw you Ford for screwing us all before 22 April. We all need bumper plugs...oh well.
Problem is dealers in states that require it will just install it as soon as the car hits the lot. I bet they are doing this for all the cars now and they will just do it out of habit.
That being said I really which we could get way to mount front plaits with out having to put holes in the bumper in the required spot.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
The MME has pretty prominent dimples on the bumper for lining up the bracket holes. I wouldn't think most dealers will have a problem getting it in the right place. Mine didn't have any trouble.
problems come up when they are paying someone minium wage to do it as quickly as possible. They go fast and if dont care if they miss with their power tools.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Great for those that took it slow. Oh, Ford...big F-U to you from all of us early adopters from the republic of California.

Them plugs won't help me. When I first got my MME, took a look and the bracket already made scratches to the paint. Would have to fix that if I were to remove it. And it's kind of like...we'll break your arm and put it in a cast...good as new. NOOOOO.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Yeah, and one set is not enough due to the way they are sold!!

It's a $60 dollar problem.

tempImage3CGTmi.png
Worse than that is you had an early order with Infinite Blue, because that was a custom order and cost more.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I have the craig bracket for sale if anyone is interested. Mine was built in January and months before my dealer said it would not come installed but came from factory installed.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Ugh, I felt better about it when I knew everyone was getting the same holes, now the first time I see one without them I'll have a few not so polite words for Ford. Early adopter screwed :rolleyes: