breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 50173 - 6 Oct 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Front Suspension Noise - Front Spring Spacers - Built On Or After 26-Jul-2021

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 26-Jul-2021 may exhibit a noise from the front suspension area. This may be due to spring spacers in the front springs. The spring spacers are for shipping protection and need to be removed prior to delivery to the customer. This is included in the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). If the noise is due to the spring spacers, remove the spring spacers. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

END SSM
This isn't really new, I thought earlier build cars had the same issue?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought I saw that some of our European friends had a problem with that, and not just the fronts.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Also strange that noise was the issue and not ride quality

sfabris

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E SR RD, Seat Leon TGI
Country flag
I thought I saw that some of our European friends had a problem with that, and not just the fronts.
Yeah, I know a few of them. But theirs car were built BEFORE 26 July.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ah, I see the PDI checklist did get updated to include checking for the spring blocks. They've also added instructions for checking the underside of the battery for dings and scratches, I would recommend you look under the car as well at delivery.

Attachments

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes that's very interesting mine had them as well my sales person even pointed him out he was very clear that these cars come set up in a transport mode including the spacers in the suspension to make sure that the car stays secure on trains and trucks.

STL-Mach-E

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Escape PHEV, 2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
Yes, ride was rough on side street. Back to dealer tomorrow. I made an attempt to remove them but soon realized I didn’t have the equipment or knowledge to do it without perhaps scratching something.

Thanks for quick replies!

eggic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Mach-E Premium, Expy Platinum, Chevy 2500 HD
Country flag
If anyone wants to know what the spacers looks like this is it. Sound is terrible. Waiting for my dealer to get them removed. Car was traded from the lot of another dealer who missed that part of the PDI along with deflating the tires to 39 psi.

IMG_5243.jpeg

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Yes, ride was rough on side street. Back to dealer tomorrow. I made an attempt to remove them but soon realized I didn’t have the equipment or knowledge to do it without perhaps scratching something.

Thanks for quick replies!
Hey do you remember if you had spacers in the rear? Also have a GTPE and the front is good but I can’t even see where the rear springs are. Magneride is just dampers right? I assume it still has springs

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hey do you remember if you had spacers in the rear? Also have a GTPE and the front is good but I can’t even see where the rear springs are. Magneride is just dampers right? I assume it still has springs
Yes, Magneride is just the dampers and suspension position sensors. There are traditional progressive rate coils in the rear. 😊🐩

Left rear spring from behind the car:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50173 - Front Suspension Noise - Front Spring Spacers - Built On Or After 26-Jul-2021 IMG_3986

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Yes, Magneride is just the dampers and suspension position sensors. There are traditional progressive rate coils in the rear. 😊🐩

Left rear spring from behind the car:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50173 - Front Suspension Noise - Front Spring Spacers - Built On Or After 26-Jul-2021 IMG_3986
Thanks for the pic! Did you have to look at this from the inside? The outboard side completely covers the springs by sound insulation. Wondering if they added it recently or not.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks for the pic! Did you have to look at this from the inside? The outboard side completely covers the springs by sound insulation. Wondering if they added it recently or not.
Photo is from behind the car. Car was on the ground and I was on the ground behind the rear bumper. I was shooting my phone’s camera off blindly since it was dark out. I just shoved the phone under the car and shot until I got that (3 photos, the others are all similar, but this was the best one). 🤷‍♂️🐩

eggic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Mach-E Premium, Expy Platinum, Chevy 2500 HD
Country flag
I didn’t look at the rear springs because they were not obvious to see from the wheels. Car is at the dealership now so I can’t get another picture of the rear.
Sponsored