Steelham

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Saw this SSM today, sounds like 2 key fobs are not unique to GTs.

SSM 50176 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Key Fobs

2021 Mustang Mach-e vehicles built on or before 06-Jul-2021 are equipped with only 1 key fob. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Vehicles built on or after 07-Jul-2021 are equipped with 2 key fobs. The customer can also use the phone as a key feature for an additional key. Do not submit a claim for this condition.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Saw this SSM today, sounds like 2 key fobs are not unique to GTs.

2021 Mustang Mach-e vehicles built on or before 06-Jul-2021 are equipped with only 1 key fob. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Vehicles built on or after 07-Jul-2021 are equipped with 2 key fobs. The customer can also use the phone as a key feature for an additional key. Do not submit a claim for this condition.
You left out some crucial details.

"We realize that our configurator for the 2022 model still shows 1 key, we've put a request into the web designers to fix that, but they're busy making games for the big screen. And no, we have no intention of reimbursing customers or dealers that paid for a 2nd fob because we were too cheap to provide one to begin with, and instead relied on technology that had not been adequately field tested to cheap out on a $50 - $70,000 vehicle."

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag

2021 Mustang Mach-e vehicles built on or before 06-Jul-2021 are equipped with only 1 key fob. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Vehicles built on or after 07-Jul-2021 are equipped with 2 key fobs.
Hah,
This text makes it sound like the FOBs are "built" into the car at the factory, and requesting to add one later is implausible.
Like the dealer couldn't just reach into the box of FOBs and give a few more out to the Paak strugglers.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
"The customer can also use the phone as a key feature for an additional key. "

This is literally Ford laughing in all of your faces and you're all just taking it happily.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
PAAK has worked flawlessly for me since I picked the car up (Outside of a single occasion). With that said, the car should come with 2 fobs. Give those of us who bought cars built before that date a fob or credit us with the equivalent Ford Pass points or something.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
PAAK has worked flawlessly for me since I picked the car up (Outside of a single occasion). With that said, the car should come with 2 fobs. Give those of us who bought cars built before that date a fob or credit us with the equivalent Ford Pass points or something.
I thought it was funny that after they gave me a Fob they also gave me some Ford pass points to go with it! Lol

Zordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWS EXT, CX-5
Country flag
While I think a single keyfob is beyond ridiculous, I solved this problem for $200 by buying a remote and having the dealership program it.

Should I have had to do that? No.
Should I have not done that so I could just be unhappy about it forever and live with the inconvenience? Also no.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
While I think a single keyfob is beyond ridiculous, I solved this problem for $200 by buying a remote and having the dealership program it.

Should I have not done that so I could just be unhappy about it forever and live with the inconvenience? Also no.
I agree with you. I know what the reaction will be when I go to trade my Mach-E, too. No 2nd key fob, we are going to have to deduct $2000 from your trade-in offer for the missing 2nd key ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I bought a second FOB before I even got the car, because I think cars should have 2.
Sponsored