blahmeh14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hmm, I seem to recall Ford’s CEO saying in September that “the worst of the chip shortage is behind us”…
Sponsored

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
I LOATHE this feature on my Navigator. It won't open when I kick at it, but tries to take my head off every time when I'm hooking up the trailer.

I won't miss it on my GTPE.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I guess I'm part of the minority that has 0 issues with the hands free tailgate. Works every time and the only reason it would 'inadvertently' open is if you leave the car unlocked and someone or something swipes/runs under it.
I pretty much only open my trunk using it. I honestly find the manual button to be weirdly placed and too low.

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag

If this is true, and pros and cons of the hands free lift gate aside, it seems pretty weak to be cutting this corner. Especially on all trims. And retroactively.

[edit: tbh, I’d much rather they cut BlueCruise. I’m far more likely to use a hands free lift gate.]

Last edited:

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
And yes, it does stop when it closes on the top of my head when I was testing it.
I got bonked in the head once and it didn't stop. It wasn't a super hard hit though. My wife and I were both reaching in to grab stuff, and one of us must have set it off. I didn't notice the ding dong sound until after I got hit.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
If this is true, and pros and cons of the hands free lift gate aside, it seems pretty weak to be cutting this corner. Especially on all trims. And retroactively.
Ford sent a letter to all the F-150 order holders last fall telling them that they didn't have chips for the auto-start/stop feature and that if they were willing to forego it, they'd get a $50 credit on their trucks.

Interesting that Ford is offering no credit for the missing hands-free feature.

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
I guess I'm part of the minority that has 0 issues with the hands free tailgate. Works every time and the only reason it would 'inadvertently' open is if you leave the car unlocked and someone or something swipes/runs under it.
I pretty much only open my trunk using it. I honestly find the manual button to be weirdly placed and too low.
There is a button? Lol. I admit it hasn't worked perfectly every time but I sure glad that my 21 got it. Picked it up 2 weeks ago...

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
So they raised the price and took away features :rolleyes:
can they give an extra free year of blue cruise to compensate

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
At least the frunk can be opened from the screen/door, and that second fob thingy ?

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
Wow. Wait until people also see that the 2022 Premium is not going to have the acoustic laminate glass either.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 3D0D4278-A865-4FBE-BBB4-8F9A67AFDBBB

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 3D0D4278-A865-4FBE-BBB4-8F9A67AFDBBB
Wow, I had not noticed that they’d removed the acoustic glass from the lineup. The lift gate thing is just annoying, but the glass was a big selling point of the premium and GT trims for me.. That’s the sort of thing that now has me wondering whether I should cancel my order.

Did they quietly remove anything else? Sheesh.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I got bonked in the head once and it didn't stop. It wasn't a super hard hit though. My wife and I were both reaching in to grab stuff, and one of us must have set it off. I didn't notice the ding dong sound until after I got hit.
Maybe I hit the button. Who knows? I like it but if the option cost $$’s, I would’ve passed.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
A friend just bought a new Polestar 2, and was told he will have to bring the car back when they get the chip for his kick-to-open tailgate.
Sponsored