Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wave my cane to open and wave my cane to close. It’s real convenient for us seniors.

And yes, it does stop when it closes on the top of my head when I was testing it.
We just had ours auto-close. It stopped when it smacked my wife's head, too. ?
Sponsored

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
I don’t see anything on my premium about acoustic glass on the front windows

Unless that’s what laminated indicates?

1AE6BF16-A44C-4D59-A717-E3D3A9AF7ABE.jpeg
I believe the >PVB< means it's acoustic glass. They use polyvinyl butyral (PVB) between the two pieces of glass

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
It is very bad from Ford side, but I'm pretty much sure it's semiconductor shortage.
At least they do not remove radar and lumbar support like Tesla.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Again it's really about they way we are finding out about it. It makes it look like this is a chip shortage issue, which is fine but they should have told us.
How do you know they are not going to tell you? The alert to the dealers just came out on Jan 20th. The general outrage (not calling you out specifically) seems to be a bit premature, don't you think?

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
Jeez. This whole experience has been like death by a thousand paper cuts and I still don't know what shenanigans my dealer may try to pull. Not cool. I really hope that giving Ford another chance after a really bad prior ownership experience wasn't a mistake. I am trying to be optimistic and tell myself that every car buying experience is terrible in this environment. There is a point at which it is just too much work to do business with some companies and that point is dangerously close for me. I feel like I am constrantly watching my back now. This forum has been amazing but the number of different risks that we need to monitor is mind-boggling.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Jeez. This whole experience has been like death by a thousand paper cuts and I still don't know what shenanigans my dealer may try to pull. Not cool. I really hope that giving Ford another chance after a really bad prior ownership experience wasn't a mistake. I am trying to be optimistic and tell myself that every car buying experience is terrible in this environment. There is a point at which it is just too much work to do business with some companies and that point is dangerously close for me. I feel like I am constrantly watching my back now. This forum has been amazing but the number of different risks that we need to monitor is mind-boggling.
Hyundai dealers with ioniq5 haven’t been any better and then you’ve got dealers selling Rav4s for $100k. Hyundai is removing features from Ioniq5 due to supply issues as well. It’s happening all over.

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
How do you know they are not going to tell you? The alert to the dealers just came out on Jan 20th. The general outrage (not calling you out specifically) seems to be a bit premature, don't you think?
It isn’t obviously premature, because their changes to the ordering guides significantly predate their Jan 20th email to dealers. They’ve had plenty of time to contact people with outstanding orders. It looks a lot like they were planning on leaving it to the dealers to inform customers of the changes at pickup. Speaking subjectively it feels like a bait and switch, using the dealers as (probably hapless, tbh) cutouts.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Part of the issue with social media is that it allows people to learn of things that they never would have in the past, and thereby creates issues where none would have existed in the past. As you can see, people read something on the forum, react to it, and the dealers are "what? huh?". Had you not read it, maybe it never would have come to light and you'd be much happier.

There are pluses and minuses of social media in general.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Hyundai dealers with ioniq5 haven’t been any better and then you’ve got dealers selling Rav4s for $100k. Hyundai is removing features from Ioniq5 due to supply issues as well. It’s happening all over.
I was considering a Porsche Macan, but decided on the MME. You want to talk about nuttiness? 14-way adjustable seats are getting replaced with 8-way adjustable (trust me, it's a big deal). The Cayenne has the electric telescoping steering column defeatured, where it gets set one time at the dealer, and it's fixed (the motors are there, but only the dealer has the SW to talk to them).

Here are others:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g38179550/new-cars-tech-features-missing-chip-shortage/

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
The deletions are lame, I’d be more upset about the acoustic laminate, but I have used the hands-free liftgate more often than expected because Ford did a good job of making it reliable.

For the acoustic laminate, is that something that can be added aftermarket in the same way that tints are basically a glorified sticker on the windows?
The acoustic laminate is a sandwiched middle layer between two outer pieces of glass. The only way to retrofit is to remove the standard glass and replace with the Acoustic Laminated glass.

The GT is supposed to have this, as confirmed by reviewing the parts fiche (lists the same PNs as the Premium).

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
The acoustic laminate is a sandwiched middle layer between two outer pieces of glass. The only way to retrofit is to remove the standard glass and replace with the Acoustic Laminated glass.

The GT is supposed to have this, as confirmed by reviewing the parts fiche (lists the same PNs as the Premium).
Yeah, GT is supposed to have everything the Premium has. When is that parts file you’re looking at dated from? I’d be glad to grasp at the chance that they’re still providing the acoustic laminate front side windows on these models.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It isn't obviously premature, because their changes to the ordering guides significantly predate their Jan 20th email to dealers. They've had plenty of time to contact people with outstanding orders. It looks a lot like they were planning on leaving it to the dealers to inform customers of the changes at pickup. Speaking subjectively it feels like a bait and switch, using the dealers as (probably hapless, tbh) cutouts.
I still think it is premature since no one knows what they are going to tell a buyer and what they might offer. I've never heard of any auto manufacturer contacting anyone directly over a production change. You ordered through a dealer, not with Ford corporate, right? It seems like the dealer is the right one to talk to the buyer.

I get that we all want as much advance notice as possible.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
That’s is fair. My guess is they are leaving it up to dealers. What would kind of suck for people who want the feature is waiting to tell us at time of pick up will likely mean there won’t be any 2021s to go find. I think this is just another example of how ford needs to change with the times. Yes we are all still buying from dealers, but for most of us it feals like the dealers are just as clueless.

Out of curiosity, for anyone who watched the livestream, did they demo the lift gate at all?
Sponsored

Last edited: