AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
That’s is fair. My guess is they are leaving it up to dealers. What would kind of suck for people who want the feature is waiting to tell us at time of pick up will likely mean there won’t be any 2021s to go find. I think this is just another example of how ford needs to change with the times. Yes we are all still buying from dealers, but for most of us it deals like the dealers are just as clueless.

Out of curiosity, for anyone who watched the livestream, did they demo the lift gate at all?
Ok, so we haven’t heard anything official about the acoustic laminate. I may be getting ahead of my skis on this. :confused:

I didn’t watch the livestream, but this post suggests that the kick to open feature wasn’t a thing:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...hts-how-to-and-walk-arounds.13188/post-328402
Sponsored

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
SSM 50415 - 2022 Mustang Mach-E - No Longer Equipped With A Hands Free Liftgate System - Built On Or After 03-Jan-2022

2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 03-Jan-2022 are no longer equipped with a hands free liftgate system. The vehicle is not misbuilt. The addition of any parts is not a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

Bunch of us aren't going to be happy about this one... :mad:
I am honestly going to say.... do you really use the "kick under the bumper" system to open your tailgate? Lets be honest. You still have a power liftgate..... can still open remotely..... 22s have more battery capacity. I would take that trade-off.

Joules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium awd sr
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
From fords website, first pic is 2021 model caparison. Second pic is 2022. Seems like those of us who were converted from 21 to 22 are due more than a $750 credit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 Screenshot_20220122-143723

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 Screenshot_20220122-143827

FrostyICE

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ordered, Taurus, F150
Occupation
Pro mom
Country flag
1k paper cuts, you got that right!!!! Feeling so sad ?. 1st, let's put something out there that they want, but can't test drive and will wait 5-6 months for. Next let's not tell them anything for for weeks on end. So far 15 weeks 4 Me. How bout next we raise the price. Now let's start dropping some features they were counting on. Still on ordered status. 10/7 ice white, premium, extended battery 2022. Hope I get moved to scheduling soon and a Vin# so I can then obsess about that?. Did finally get a test drive waaay after placing order. Love love love it. Total ?!!!! Not exactly happy, but at what point will I say cancel? How many more features are they gonna drop. Already don't like that I won't have cooled seats. Something that is a HUGE comfort here in Houston.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
How can we tell on our front windows if they’re acoustic laminate vs the regular laminate?
Hire an opera singer, and then sit in the car and see if you can hear them?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I am honestly going to say.... do you really use the "kick under the bumper" system to open your tailgate? Lets be honest. You still have a power liftgate..... can still open remotely..... 22s have more battery capacity. I would take that trade-off.
Yes, we use it all the time.

2022s do NOT have more battery capacity as 2021s are/will be updated.

And those of us that ordered 2021s which were converted to 2022s were not given any option. So, it would be great if those converted orders, which were supposed to be made in December 2021 (as 2022s) and were then made in 2022 (as 2022s) in fact come exactly the way we expected them.

Let's keep in mind that NO ONE ON THIS FORUM has any knowledge that these converted orders aren't exactly as we expect them to be. We won't know this until we receive the cars and see.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
All the Mach-e trims have the IRR windshield is also acoustically laminated..partially to keep the cabin quiet and the other is that it reflects infrared light waves to reduce heat buildup from direct sunlight inside the car and has advantages in terms of cutting down on the need for air conditioning, using less power from the battery. So it appears the the driver and passenger side windows won't have the acoustic glass. The post that shows "laminated" on the window means acoustic glass as its 2 pieces of glass laminated together with a small air gap.

I had and 2019 Audi e-tron without acoustic glass (side windows) but my 2021 e-tron has the acoustic glass (side windows). Both vehicles are extremely quiet and I can't say the 2021 is any more quiet, but I never really drove them with the purpose of making a comparison. I do know it's fairly easy and not "out of the question costly" to swap out the non-acoustic glass with acoustic glass (auto glass company) as I inquired about it with my 2019 e-tron.

Nonetheless, I will be disappointed if my GTPE (ordered 11/15) doesn't have the acoustic glass for the side windows, I would rather error on the side of quietness as a quiet interior is really important to me. I don't care about the hands free lift gate though, don't use mine at all in my e-tron (but it does work amazing good).

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It'll be really frustrating for '22 owners in a year or two if things go back to normal, and all of these features return. Our cars will be the bastard children sandwiched between the 21's and 23's / 24's that randomly don't have acoustically laminated glass, hands free liftgate, and whatever other sneaky things Ford deletes to save money. :(

HRH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester & Legacy (ordering 2022 asap)
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Were any 2022 models built before January 3rd? Did anyone with a '22 have a build date (that didn't move three times) for December?

It's in the owner's manual for the 2022.

It was an accessory I was looking forward to and it's pretty crummy to delete features AND increase the price ?

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I use kick to open and close all the time on my C-Max, and kick to open (no closing feature) on my Pacifica Hybrid. I am miffed about this. {Jonathan}

cordley

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2017
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That’s is fair. My guess is they are leaving it up to dealers. What would kind of suck for people who want the feature is waiting to tell us at time of pick up will likely mean there won’t be any 2021s to go find. I think this is just another example of how ford needs to change with the times. Yes we are all still buying from dealers, but for most of us it feals like the dealers are just as clueless.

Out of curiosity, for anyone who watched the livestream, did they demo the lift gate at all?
We watched livestream and they showed the young lady using the power lift but no hands free lift gate. I am truly bothered by this since I use the kick open all the time in my Escape. I contacted my dealer and he said it is a sensor and not a chip issue. He also said, which sadly I thought made sense, that this was the better option than to hold up production of the vehicles. I am not happy after waiting since April 29, 21 when I first placed my order.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
I use mine quite frequently. I do most of my shopping using a basket that I carry and not a cart that I push, so almost every single time I leave any sort of store I have bags in both hands. Rather than try and shuffle all those bags into one hand, put some of them down, or bang them into the back of my vehicle to push the button, or as you suggest somehow operate my remotely operated tailgate with both hands full, I use the little kick to open feature. I probably use it twice a week at the least. I used it on my '19 Regal TourX and I use it on my Mach E. Would I have bought a different vehicle if it wasn't offered? Most likely not. But your post is a classic example of an "I don't use it, therefore it's useless" mentality. You probably have features on your vehicle that you like that I don't use...this is one that I use whether you care for it or not. It does impact people's decision to buy a vehicle, especially when it's something that was once available and is now being removed.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
I actually disabled hands free liftgate feature as soon as I got the car, never even tried it. But I know if I did it would eventually open into something in my garage.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
SSM 50415 - 2022 Mustang Mach-E - No Longer Equipped With A Hands Free Liftgate System - Built On Or After 03-Jan-2022

2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or after 03-Jan-2022 are no longer equipped with a hands free liftgate system. The vehicle is not misbuilt. The addition of any parts is not a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

Bunch of us aren't going to be happy about this one... :mad:
Not me as my California Route 1 is looking better all the time, there are literally only 3 important features missing from a comparable Premium model and it's $2345 cheaper.

Wheels - gonna change them anyway.

Stereo - missing 3 speaker and a woofer, big deal, NOT

Liftgate - Now the Premium has lost it's advantage on that so only 2 major differences

And, now to put the icing on the cake the California Route 1 has the absolute best range of any Mach E. Yep, I am even more happy with my decision now!
Sponsored