Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I am honestly going to say.... do you really use the "kick under the bumper" system to open your tailgate? Lets be honest. You still have a power liftgate..... can still open remotely..... 22s have more battery capacity. I would take that trade-off.
And BlueCruise… and frunk button….should I go on?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
We watched livestream and they showed the young lady using the power lift but no hands free lift gate. I am truly bothered by this since I use the kick open all the time in my Escape. I contacted my dealer and he said it is a sensor and not a chip issue. He also said, which sadly I thought made sense, that this was the better option than to hold up production of the vehicles. I am not happy after waiting since April 29, 21 when I first placed my order.
Holy cow you are patient

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I looked at my ‘21 GT window sticker. The car is still In Production. Where does it show on the GT sticker acoustic laminate glass and hands-free rear latch open? Is that hidden within the comfort package?

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford needs to step their $#!+ Up. Already missing features that should be standard in this segment and price range.. Raise prices and delete features.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Not me as my California Route 1 is looking better all the time, there are literally only 3 important features missing from a comparable Premium model and it's $2345 cheaper.

Wheels - gonna change them anyway.

Stereo - missing 3 speaker and a woofer, big deal, NOT

Liftgate - Now the Premium has lost it's advantage on that so only 2 major differences

And, now to put the icing on the cake the California Route 1 has the absolute best range of any Mach E. Yep, I am even more happy with my decision now!
Maybe you don't know but the select and CR1 also have LED old school reflector headlights not projector headlights like the GT and Premium. Huge difference at night.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Maybe you don't know but the select and CR1 also have LED old school reflector headlights not projector headlights like the GT and Premium. Huge difference at night.
Yes, I was aware of that but honestly I just don't think it will make that much difference to me. But if it does do you think I could change them for $2345? ?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Were any 2022 models built before January 3rd? Did anyone with a '22 have a build date (that didn't move three times) for December?

It's in the owner's manual for the 2022.

It was an accessory I was looking forward to and it's pretty crummy to delete features AND increase the price ?
No MY2022s were built before 1/3/22.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes, I was aware of that but honestly I just don't think it will make that much difference to me. But if it does do you think I could change them for $2345? ?
Probably not, headlights are expensive

I have seen used ones on eBay for big money

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Probably not, headlights are expensive
Yeah, you're probably right, you do bring up an excellent point though, headlights are very important for sure!

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was considering a Porsche Macan, but decided on the MME. You want to talk about nuttiness? 14-way adjustable seats are getting replaced with 8-way adjustable (trust me, it's a big deal). The Cayenne has the electric telescoping steering column defeatured, where it gets set one time at the dealer, and it's fixed (the motors are there, but only the dealer has the SW to talk to them).

Here are others:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g38179550/new-cars-tech-features-missing-chip-shortage/

No touch screen on those BMWs seem like a major downside. I really think Ford should eventually find a way to put this back in after this supply shortage is over. Maybe it's a year from now, but it should still be done. Not everyone will care honestly to put the acoustic glass nor foot activated trunk gate, but the trunk gate was something I was really looking forward to.

From the article, losing basic Nav is almost a kill purchase for me if it was taken away since the spouse uses the in-car Nav vs. Google Maps or Android Auto or anything on the phone.

This is not a good situation for any of the automakers, but they REALLY REALLY should offer it later and find a way for dealers to perform the fix after the chip supply is caught up.

If Ford is listening, please consider this as a middle ground since again, not everyone will bother putting this in anyways.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My kick to open is turned off since day 2 of ownership, to much chance of it triggering while parked and doing damage to the hatch hitting my garage door...

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It'll be really frustrating for '22 owners in a year or two if things go back to normal, and all of these features return. Our cars will be the bastard children sandwiched between the 21's and 23's / 24's that randomly don't have acoustically laminated glass, hands free liftgate, and whatever other sneaky things Ford deletes to save money. :(
Look on the bright side here. Everything is getting worse, and there's no end in sight. Compared to '23's the '22's will look super high-tech. Ford may not even have enough parts to put out a '24 model.

See? There's always a silver lining!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The kick-under-the-car thing is my son's absolute favorite feature on any car. Not a huge deal to me, but it certainly is handy sometimes, and it works easily and reliably. If the hatchback were to open accidentally in my garage, it would not hit anything (never has happened anyway). Do you guys have really tight garage spaces?

My dealer made a huge deal about the acoustic glass - it was his number one selling point for the car. He begged me to sit by the freeway during my test drive so I could listen to the quiet. I did that, and was unable to detect even the slightest difference in quietness vs. the ID.4 I drove that same day from the VW dealer next door.

Perhaps my late-2021 model will turn out to be in the sweet spot here - late enough for Ford to have worked out some of the bugs, but early enough to evade the feature takeaways.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My kick to open is turned off since day 2 of ownership, to much chance of it triggering while parked and doing damage to the hatch hitting my garage door...
I’ve seen a few mentions of people worried about the lift gate hitting their garage door. You should probably look into setting the maximum open height to a lower position. This is configurable by instructions in the manual and also demonstrated in some of the online videos.

Also, the kick-to-open function only works in very specific scenarios. Namely that you have to have the feature turned on *and* your key or PaaK has to be within several feet of the rear of the car.

There have been a few times when the lift gate has “failed” to open for me with a kick. This ended up serving as a reminder to me that I left my phone in the car. (I use PaaK exclusively.)

I, for one, really enjoy this feature especially if holding/lifting things with both hands. And I really feel badly for those who lost this feature without advance warning. It’s not a good customer experience.
Sponsored