jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Well, that one less thing I have to turn off.....
?

I feel the same way. I did not place a MachE order for an "auto life-gate feature." Truly could care less about it. As happy as ever about getting my 2022 model.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This sucks. Ford should have had a retrofit program and/or a credit available. I do use kick to open, and it’s always been reliable on all fords I’ve owned with the feature.
Similarly, the loss of acoustic glass without a corresponding price change is equally bad. The vehicle is supposed to be a premium vehicle. Come on, either credit people if you’re going to decontent it, or don’t decontent. Don’t do this decontent and keep the price the same!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Sally, it would be a good idea to read through the owner's manual. There are far more obscure nuggets of info in there that you've probably been missing as well.

1642951398708.png
People keep saying “read the manual,” but honestly the manual kinda sucks. Super vague and seems to lead to more questions than answers.

I’ve gone through the one in the car (which I hate the most) as well as looked through the pdf version. But I guess I missed this part.

My worst experience was trying to read the manual to understand Bluecruise. Now that was an epic waste of time!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
People keep saying “read the manual,” but honestly the manual kinda sucks. Super vague and seems to lead to more questions than answers.

I’ve gone through the one in the car (which I hate the most) as well as looked through the pdf version. But I guess I missed this part.

My worst experience was trying to read the manual to understand Bluecruise. Now that was an epic waste of time!
When you have a question, just do a search for the term in the pdf. I found the section I posted by searching for “tailgate”. I don’t expect everyone to read the manual cover to cover like I do, though it sure wouldn’t hurt.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
No touch screen on those BMWs seem like a major downside. I really think Ford should eventually find a way to put this back in after this supply shortage is over. Maybe it's a year from now, but it should still be done. Not everyone will care honestly to put the acoustic glass nor foot activated trunk gate, but the trunk gate was something I was really looking forward to.

From the article, losing basic Nav is almost a kill purchase for me if it was taken away since the spouse uses the in-car Nav vs. Google Maps or Android Auto or anything on the phone.

This is not a good situation for any of the automakers, but they REALLY REALLY should offer it later and find a way for dealers to perform the fix after the chip supply is caught up.

If Ford is listening, please consider this as a middle ground since again, not everyone will bother putting this in anyways.
Funny you should say, because the kick to open was not on my list of "must haves", but the acoustic glass was a big selling point for me.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
When you have a question, just do a search for the term in the pdf. I found the section I posted by searching for “tailgate”. I don’t expect everyone to read the manual cover to cover like I do, though it sure wouldn’t hurt.
We do that, General. But I have to agree with Mach1E here: if you search the current online pdf manual for "BlueCruise", you will do so in vain - there are zero occurrences of that term.

I don't think I will ever master more than about half of my Mustang's features. Cars have come to be like software packages - hundreds or thousands of features, but only a relative handful are used routinely. I use MS Office every day, and no longer know even half of its capabilities.

But I did know where the Mustang's hatch open button was located before I even bought the car. Cuz it's in the same place it is on pretty much every car built in the last 20 years. ;)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
We do that, General. But I have to agree with Mach1E here: if you search the current online pdf manual for "BlueCruise", you will do so in vain - there are zero occurrences of that term.

I don't think I will ever master more than about half of my Mustang's features. Cars have come to be like software packages - hundreds or thousands of features, but only a relative handful are used routinely. I use MS Office every day, and no longer know even half of its capabilities.

But I did know where the Mustang's hatch open button was located before I even bought the car. Cuz it's in the same place it is on pretty much every car built in the last 20 years. ;)
I don’t know of any car ever built that you couldn’t open the trunk when standing behind the car!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not everything is in there. But a lot of stuff is, so it’s worth a shot.

Yep, it‘s in the same place as every hatchback I’ve ever owned.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
I've never had mine open on it's own accidentally...is that actually a thing on the Mach E or just something people like to point out as "it's possible" even though it doesn't really happen?

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
I haven’t either, but I just read on Facebook about someone camping and a raccoon opened the trunk and raided the car. So while I’m sure it wasn’t funny at all to them, I chuckled at the story.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yeah I'll let someone else discover the root cause.... I keep my Paak uninstalled and my key in a set place far away in my house and the evil kick sensor off.

Still think it's not something to cry about or cancel your order. It's not as bad at all as the BMWs without touch screens, or the Teslas delivered with holes in the interior where the USB ports should be.
Having a car without a touchscreen in 2022 is some apocalyptic stuff lol

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
I'm saying that there are so many reports on this forum of the feature triggering by light tricking it into thinking it's movement, or a cat or rat in the garage, that I disabled it because I have a short garage.

It's really not a big deal this isn't included anymore, I don't miss it and I'd much rather get my car a lot sooner if it were me. Certainly wouldn't be a reason to cancel my order because I couldn't press a button.
The lift gate isn’t a deal breaker for me, but I am fairly concerned about the acoustic glass.

What other features are going to be missing by the time my GTPE is delivered in April/May or later? I really don’t like having to wonder at the answer for a car that costs $70k.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've never had mine open on it's own accidentally...is that actually a thing on the Mach E or just something people like to point out as "it's possible" even though it doesn't really happen?
It's uncertain.

Probably 1/2 dozen people have had it open and posted about it, some can't explain why, others were nearby with fob and something went underneath, or light shown underneath, and it opened. The inadvertent opening for some has resulted in damage to the tailgate from contacting the garage door.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The lift gate isn’t a deal breaker for me, but I am fairly concerned about the acoustic glass.

What other features are going to be missing by the time my GTPE is delivered in April/May or later? I really don’t like having to wonder at the answer for a car that costs $70k.
It's not your GTPE, yet. Make that decision after you've seen and test driven it.

Maybe they'll ship without front brake pads. ?
Sponsored