bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
It's uncertain.

Probably 1/2 dozen people have had it open and posted about it, some can't explain why, others were nearby with fob and something went underneath, or light shown underneath, and it opened. The inadvertent opening for some has resulted in damage to the tailgate from contacting the garage door.
Interesting. I park with enough space behind mine when it's in my garage, but good to know to keep an eye on. Thanks.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Interesting. I park with enough space behind mine when it's in my garage, but good to know to keep an eye on. Thanks.
Check the angle on how it opens vs. how the garage door opens. Mine has plenty of clearance behind the vehicle, BUT when the door opens, and the hatch is opening at the same time, they meet... I padded the garage door arm that connects to the opener, and limited the height of the hatch opening too.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
Check the angle on how it opens vs. how the garage door opens. Mine has plenty of clearance behind the vehicle, BUT when the door opens, and the hatch is opening at the same time, they meet... I padded the garage door arm that connects to the opener, and limited the height of the hatch opening too.
I have one stall that I back into and one that I pull forward into...the Mustang is in the bay that I back into so it is well away from the door. I am in a split-level so the garage isn't super high and if I was using the other stall for the Mustang it would be a concern for sure.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I donā€™t know of any car ever built that you couldnā€™t open the trunk when standing behind the car!
Me either, but I thought thatā€™s what the kick to open was.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, itā€˜s in the same place as every hatchback Iā€™ve ever owned.
Maybe thatā€™s the issue, I thought it was an SUVā€¦. That usually have a button in the middle of the hatch rather than on the bottom.

I guess itā€™s just more proof itā€™s not an SUV!

The flex, escape, edge, Bronco sport, expedition and explorer for example all have big obvious handles.

In fact looking at the other SUVs and crossovers by Ford, it may be that the Mach E is the only one hidden like this.

Last edited:

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
People keep saying ā€œread the manual,ā€ but honestly the manual kinda sucks. Super vague and seems to lead to more questions than answers.

Iā€™ve gone through the one in the car (which I hate the most) as well as looked through the pdf version. But I guess I missed this part.

My worst experience was trying to read the manual to understand Bluecruise. Now that was an epic waste of time!
I read philosophy texts in grad school that made more sense than the manual. ?

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
It's not your GTPE, yet. Make that decision after you've seen and test driven it.

Maybe they'll ship without front brake pads. ?
Lol, since the regen is so strong anyway. Plus it saves weight and boosts your range!

Anyway, itā€™s got my $1500 deposit on it, and three out of an expected five to six months of opportunity cost invested, so Iā€™ll continue to imagine thereā€™s something with my name on it. Whatever it might turn out to be.:rolleyes:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I havenā€™t either, but I just read on Facebook about someone camping and a raccoon opened the trunk and raided the car. So while Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t funny at all to them, I chuckled at the story.
I wonder if the racoon was carrying a key, or prefers to use PAAK.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Donā€™t mean to hijack a thread without reading all the comments but the Acoustic Glass is definitely not there?! I test drove a 2021 premium fully expecting to get the kick gate and silent sound I heard while driving and now Iā€™m a bit WTF?!

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Donā€™t mean to hijack a thread without reading all the comments but the Acoustic Glass is definitely not there?! I test drove a 2021 premium fully expecting to get the kick gate and silent sound I heard while driving and now Iā€™m a bit WTF?!
Itā€™s definitely not called out as a feature anymore, at least on the online order configuration and the latest ordering guides. Dunno if it means itā€™s gone, but Iā€™ll note that the comparison tool still makes a point of mentioning that windshields are standard equipment for every trim level, so thereā€™s that for tea leaves.

If your order is getting delivered soon, maybe you can take a picture of the side window glass label, and tell us whether the ride is noisier than you expected?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
We ordered a 22 for the wife and now I might back out. We use the hands free lift gate all the time...major feature loss.

ducnguyen21

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e CA rt1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's not just Ford people. It's all manufacturers having to make cuts due to the chip shortage. Some BMW models were built without an active touch screen. Some models don't even have powered seats. Some Porsches are being sold with only 1 key with a promise to provide the 2nd key once conditions improve. So, deleting the foot activated lift gate is not that bad of a trade off imo.

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not just Ford people. It's all manufacturers having to make cuts due to the chip shortage. Some BMW models were built without an active touch screen. Some models don't even have powered seats. Some Porsches are being sold with only 1 key with a promise to provide the 2nd key once conditions improve. So, deleting the foot activated lift gate is not that bad of a trade off imo.
Well, they could promise to install the sensor later when they get more suppliesā€¦

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, they could promise to install the sensor later when they get more suppliesā€¦
They could, but that would cost time and money.

They would rather deliver cars as is. Especially since thereā€™s a long wait list.

And who knows if youā€™d have to rip half the car apart or not to install it?
Sponsored