SSM 50416 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Backlight Remains Illuminated With Ignition Key Off/12V Battery Drain

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
SSM 50416 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Backlight Remains Illuminated With Ignition Key Off/12V Battery Drain - Built On Or Before 20-Oct-2021

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on or before 20-Oct-2021 may exhibit illuminated instrument panel cluster (IPC) backlight with key-off, causing 12V battery drain. To resolve this condition, park the vehicle and close doors, allow vehicle to enter key-off status, wait for the brake indicator to turn off, turn on hazard lights for 3 flashes and turn off. An IPC software update is expected to be delivered to vehicles via an over-the-air (OTA) update in March 2022 to permanently resolve the condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drivethe vehicle and advise to connect to their FordPass account to enable OTA delivery. Schedule a follow-up appointment for April 2022, and contact the customer to verify the OTA was received and confirm if the service appointment is going forward. Monitor OASIS for updates.
Sponsored

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
An IPC software update is expected to be delivered to vehicles via an over-the-air (OTA) update in March 2022 to permanently resolve the condition.
Hmmm isn't this when the BlueCruise update is supposed to arrive? :)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Hmmm, I do remember seeing my IPC staying lit after a few hours one night a month or 2 after receiving the car. I thought it had resolved itself, maybe ? ah, the joys of being in the first few thousand vehicles produced. I do consider myself luckily my 12v has never gone dead.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Are we also supposed to rub our stomachs and pat our heads while doing this arcane set of steps? ?

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD Extended Range MME Premium
Country flag
I've been getting multiple "12V Battery Fault" messages, even after taking the car in and having some updates performed.

Just tried this method, not sure if it worked as there's no way to check until it's dark again. ?‍♂

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've been getting multiple "12V Battery Fault" messages, even after taking the car in and having some updates performed.

Just tried this method, not sure if it worked as there's no way to check until it's dark again. ?‍♂
Good Afternoon! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’ll see how I can assist on my end.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure the car locks after you turn it off.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes I have seen this too in my marquee where the screen stays on the car thinks it's still on you have to go back in turn the car off and on again and then it resolves. Super annoying