SSM 50416 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Backlight Remains Illuminated With Ignition Key Off/12V Battery Drain

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Did this ever get updated with the confirmed IPC software fix?
There definitely was an IPC update that came out...it was also one of the updates required to enable BlueCruise. So I'm sure that's the one the SSM was referring to.

In fact I think there have been at least two IPC updates for '21 cars in the last year.

One has to hope that at least one of those updates corrected the problem.

Are you saying you still have that issue?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
There definitely was an IPC update that came out...it was also one of the updates required to enable BlueCruise. So I'm sure that's the one the SSM was referring to.

In fact I think there have been at least two IPC updates for '21 cars in the last year.

One has to hope that at least one of those updates corrected the problem.

Are you saying you still have that issue?
No, I never had the issue, I’m outside the build range for it. I was just wondering as usually they issue another bulletin when the update is out saying here’s the update! Especially when they put language for the dealer to call customers to schedule appointments.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
No, I never had the issue, I’m outside the build range for it. I was just wondering as usually they issue another bulletin when the update is out saying here’s the update! Especially when they put language for the dealer to call customers to schedule appointments.
Understood but I haven't seen them close the loop on that either.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm testing this right now, because I have had the issue for a while.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Did this ever get updated with the confirmed IPC software fix?
I think this IPC update was Power-Up 2.4.4/2.7.4. If your odometer shows tenths above 10,000 miles or the snowflake when it's cold then I think you have the updated software.

The updated bulletin (SSM 50444) removes the date range and applies to all 2021 vehicles. So it might apply to you.

Folks, if you have a 2021 with the cluster staying on and never got Power-Up 2.4.4/2.7.4, mention SSM 50444 to your dealer so they update your IPC.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think this IPC update was Power-Up 2.4.4/2.7.4. If your odometer shows tenths above 10,000 miles or the snowflake when it's cold then I think you have the updated software.
No snowflake on 2021 Job 1 cars even with the latest IPC update. Also no power meter with FORScan.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No snowflake on 2021 Job 1 cars even with the latest IPC update. Also no power meter with FORScan.
Oh wow! I thought, a long time ago, I saw some job 1 people say they had the snowflake after an IPC update, but by then it was too warm around here for me to verify. Since I have a Premium, I don’t get a power meter (or jail bars).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Oh wow! I thought, a long time ago, I saw some job 1 people say they had the snowflake after an IPC update, but by then it was too warm around here for me to verify. Since I have a Premium, I don’t get a power meter (or jail bars).
The power meter can be enabled with FORScan on non-GT models, but it doesn't work on Job 1 cars.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The power meter can be enabled with FORScan on non-GT models, but it doesn't work on Job 1 cars.
Odd. I wonder why. It would be interesting to know what changed between job 1 and job 2. No doubt it’s frunk-related 😀😀😀
Sponsored