Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
How do DTCs work? So if I have this trouble code and I clear it in FDRS and retest and it then passes, does this mean I don’t actually have this problem? Or if it happens again, it’ll trigger the DTC and the next time I plug into FDRS the DTC will be there again?
What are the acronyms DTC & FDRS? I should know these, my car builds in 2 weeks, or so they say. Thanks.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I wonder if there will be two versions of the replacement part or if everyone will get one with a traction control button.
Two versions because the as built configuration is different in multiple modules if you have a hard button versus touchscreen button. You can't have both at the same time the way Ford has designed it.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
What are the acronyms DTC & FDRS? I should know these, my car builds in 2 weeks, or so they say. Thanks.
Diagnostic trouble code and Ford Diagnostic and Repair System (dealer software).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Two versions because the as built configuration is different in multiple modules if you have a hard button versus touchscreen button. You can't have both at the same time the way Ford has designed it.
Bummer. Kinda like how you can't have a power meter without a frunk button. 😒

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Bummer. Kinda like how you can't have a power meter without a frunk button. 😒
Well you COULD have a power meter without the frunk button but that probably isn't supported technically....

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Don't tell @Jimrpa , but if I could only choose one, I'd much rather have the power meter than the frunk button.
Just update your IPC to my software level and there you go :p may break 100 other things but you'd have the power meter.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I wonder if the IPC hardware is different between Job 1 and Job 2.
It's possible but unlikely. If anything minor tweaks where the software is the same. It is super complicated when they start having hardware that requires different software. The IPC is probably made by Visteon, the company that makes digital IPCs for a huge segment of the car market.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's possible but unlikely. If anything minor tweaks where the software is the same. It is super complicated when they start having hardware that requires different software. The IPC is probably made by Visteon, the company that makes digital IPCs for a huge segment of the car market.
I was thinking the hardware was likely the same. But if so, it seems odd that they added the BlueCruise functionality and new alert window design to the older software revision rather than just using the newer software revision that was already on Job 2 cars.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I was thinking the hardware was likely the same. But if so, it seems odd that they added the BlueCruise functionality to the older software revision than just using the newer software revision that was already on Job 2 cars.
The software was probably approved a long time ago and at the time the IPC software wasn't compatible with some other modules software that was on the car. They didn't want to OTA update that module at the time so they didn't add the new feature. Thats my guess at least.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The software was probably approved a long time ago and at the time the IPC software wasn't compatible with some other modules software that was on the car. They didn't want to OTA update that module at the time so they didn't add the new feature. Thats my guess at least.
I'm going to go with that and hope that means that the IPC will be updated to the same version as the Job 2 cars eventually. Then once I have my power meter, I'm going to hope that there's a way in FORScan to disable the snowflake that appears on Job 2 cars when it's cold outside. :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Agreed, it is in frequent but still a little unsettling to have the headlights just be on by themselves randomly.
I think it’s happened twice in 9 months for me

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I'm going to go with that and hope that means that the IPC will be updated to the same version as the Job 2 cars eventually. Then once I have my power meter, I'm going to hope that there's a way in FORScan to disable the snowflake that appears on Job 2 cars when it's cold outside. :)
Yep you can disable the snowflake easily. I just need to make a spreadsheet...
Sponsored