Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Next maybe they can keep my wipers from turning on (in the rain detect position) on sunny days.
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Wow a whole new switch in November lmao
Maybe they'll add in the Liftgate Open button that should have been there all along while they're at it? 🙃

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
The reason this vehicle has so many glitches is because it's becoming self-aware. ;)

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Bloody hell, by the time they are done with all the things wrong with the car, they will have disassembled it multiple times. This is getting really annoying. Wonder how many other faulty parts have yet to been officially acknowledged and discovered.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Bloody hell, by the time they are done with all the things wrong with the car, they will have disassembled it multiple times. This is getting really annoying. Wonder how many other faulty parts have yet to been officially acknowledged and discovered.
Have you ever owned a new car? These are service messages for dealers, most people don't even know about them. All cars have them. My wife's VW Atlas has over 100 pages of SSMs on the nhtsa website lol.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Have you ever owned a new car? These are service messages for dealers, most people don't even know about them. All cars have them. My wife's VW Atlas has over 100 pages of SSMs on the nhtsa website lol.
This ^^^^

Those of us who frequent this forum are very educated compared with most people who buy a MME. If I didn't hang out here, I would be oblivious to the tech bulletins and would have no worry in the world about my car. It has been 100% reliable. And so, so much fun.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This ^^^^

Those of us who frequent this forum are very educated compared with most people who buy a MME. If I didn't hang out here, I would be oblivious to the tech bulletins and would have no worry in the world about my car. It has been 100% reliable. And so, so much fun.
Yep, we're all hyper aware, the service advisors usually have to search and look this stuff up, but we already know about it haha.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I'm just surprised my problem child hasn't shown this issue... so far. ;) Nice to see they have a fix.

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Next maybe they can keep my wipers from turning on (in the rain detect position) on sunny days.
I find that very irritating and it has the potential to scratch the windshield.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don't tell @Jimrpa , but if I could only choose one, I'd much rather have the power meter than the frunk button.
Meh. I don’t want to know how close I am to the edge. Gimme the Frunk button.

Wait … are we talking about a working Frunk button? Cause that makes a difference. ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The software was probably approved a long time ago and at the time the IPC software wasn't compatible with some other modules software that was on the car. They didn't want to OTA update that module at the time so they didn't add the new feature. Thats my guess at least.
We need fOS 2.0. Complete upgrade for everyone. Coming to a Mach-e near you, soon™.

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
Mine is being shipped now. Does that mean I will have to take it in for this new switch?
Mine is in production now and I think that yes, we will need to take it in Nov since they haven't produced the new switch yet...

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
If you have the issue then it will store the DTC and then yes you can take it in to get the new switch once it becomes available around Nov.

The DTC will set and stay there for a long time. The car uploads historical DTCs to Ford so they can look and see them if you give them a date it happened. I don't think this one automatically clears but it might after a while.

If you get the DTC and clear it that does not mean you don't have the problem. If you get the DTC at all it means you have the problem...but it is infrequent. I've had it happen a total of about 5 times in 20 months between both cars. One time it happened 2 days in a row and then I haven't had it happen for months.

Yes this is part of that issue but it also can have the headlights be on when the car is off.

Agreed, it is in frequent but still a little unsettling to have the headlights just be on by themselves randomly.
I always thought it was trying to say a formal goodbye. Until you return. Probably a cause of 12v battery drain.
Sponsored