Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
At least they’re working on it!

They have definitely had more urgent matters to attend to though (Bluecruise rollout and now the recall).
Hopefully, they have a better team than the crack team developing the remote frunk release - that team is slower than me! 🙄
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Two versions because the as built configuration is different in multiple modules if you have a hard button versus touchscreen button. You can't have both at the same time the way Ford has designed it.
Maybe they could give us poor Job 1 people a remote frunk release hard button as a compromise. This way, they’d still only have one assembly 😀

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I've had this happen once. I was taking my dog out at night and the car was parked at the end of the driveway. When I got close enough for it to detect my phone, it turned on the headlights in addition to the usual welcome lighting. If getting close enough to trigger the welcome lighting is how this happens, I'm not that worried about it, since I'd obviously have to be in pretty close proximity to the car anyways.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I've had this happen once. I was taking my dog out at night and the car was parked at the end of the driveway. When I got close enough for it to detect my phone, it turned on the headlights in addition to the usual welcome lighting. If getting close enough to trigger the welcome lighting is how this happens, I'm not that worried about it, since I'd obviously have to be in pretty close proximity to the car anyways.
You notice it when you get out of the car, and the car is dinging at you, telling you the lights are on. If you leave the car the headlights are supposed to shut off, but because the switch has turned them from Auto to On, they don't. Eventually they do, but the dinging when you get out of the car is annoying.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bummer. Kinda like how you can't have a power meter without a frunk button. 😒
Wait - if I get a power meter, I can get a frunk button?! How do I get a power meter?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Trade in your car for a Job 2 or later. Or wait and hope.
Actually, I briefly thought about that - a few months ago, my dealer had an “abandoned” GT PE in grabber blue. I asked about the possibility of X-Plan and he came back and said “no dice” (tbh because they were listing it at something like MSRP+$5k). They are a profit-making enterprise, not a charity that solely exists to get me any ford motor company product at minimal cost.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I've had a number of people tell me my headlamps stayed on long after exiting my vehicle. I noticed it myself. Glad to know a fix is coming.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Yeah it happened at night to me. My buddy was like 'why are your headlights just on'. It was this issue.
Has the 12V Battery Drain FordPass notification ever coincided with the spurious HL on bug?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Dang even though I heard people saying this would be a hardware fix I was hoping it was just another software thing. Glad it's being fixed but wish I didn't have to bring it in. Yes I know this is an extremely first world problem to have lol

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Has the 12V Battery Drain FordPass notification ever coincided with the spurious HL on bug?
I believe a few forum members have reported that, sometime last year. This used to be a popular topic in the forum.
Sponsored