Newboj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is this the issue where sometime the switch goes out of Auto to On and then the car dings at you when you open the door? Or is this a different issue?
I have this same issue and have been hoping for a software update to fix it. In the meantime, I just flip the switch around and back to the auto-on setting and it seems to resolve it...temporarily.
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
FINALLY the admission that there is an issue! Both of my Mach E's have had this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SSM 50869 - 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in November 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.
Is this for the headlights or the DRL's? My garage cam is triggered randomly at night sometimes when the DLR's turn on. I kind of assumed it was because our garage is near our home office where my wife keeps her key fob along with our TV room where we have our phones.

As for the actual LED headlights I have yet to see those turn on when the car is off.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is this for the headlights or the DRL's? My garage cam is triggered randomly at night sometimes when the DLR's turn on. I kind of assumed it was because our garage is near our home office where my wife keeps her key fob along with our TV room where we have our phones.

As for the actual LED headlights I have yet to see those turn on when the car is off.
This defect causes the actual headlights to be on. Mine just suffered this defect last night.

The DRLs come on briefly any time the vehicle is awakened by the approaching presence of your key (fob or phone).

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Thanks Guys...

After reading this thread yesterday, last night about 22:30 the Mrs looked at the security camera and noticed our headlights/taillights are on!

Our MME is parked well away from our FOB/PAAK devices ~50' so no chance we were too close. All ready to hit the sack and had to get dressed and go out to turn the lights off.

This AM turning the car on, also turned on the headlights but that's a setting so normal operation.

Needless to say, from now on I'll be turning them off when I park.

/Jinx'd

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm not sure if turning them off while parking will prevent the logic issue that causes them to go into the failsafe-on mode.

I suppose if you do this and yet the headlights ever do turn back on by themselves, this would be a useful data point for all of us to know. Please report back if you ever find that this technique didn't help.

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
If you go back to my post months ago i stated this and people were like no way thats an issue. It was such a small issue compared to my battery control issue i never even mentioned it to the service dept. good thing ford is realizing it though. Now i can get it fixed.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I'm not sure if turning them off while parking will prevent the logic issue that causes them to go into the failsafe-on mode.

I suppose if you do this and yet the headlights ever do turn back on by themselves, this would be a useful data point for all of us to know. Please report back if you ever find that this technique didn't help.
As mentioned in the thread earlier, if you spin the knob it 'resets' the count so it'll take some time to rear its ugly head.

First time I 'Know' this happened in the ~year we've had eVee, but the Mrs is pretty good about checking cameras so it would have popped up I'm sure.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes! Relieved to learn it’s not my fault and I didn’t verbally blame my wife for leaving the headlights on. It’s really annoying to be camping and the MME lights are blazing for no good reason.

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
Good to know! Mine randomly come on. Not too frequent, but enough to be annoying. I have to go out, power up, cycle the switch and shut her down. Good to know root cause is identified and Ford will be releasing a solution!

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Bloody hell, by the time they are done with all the things wrong with the car, they will have disassembled it multiple times. This is getting really annoying. Wonder how many other faulty parts have yet to been officially acknowledged and discovered.
Back when I owned a A6 Audi, I subscribed to the tech bulletins. Ever month anywhere from 40 to 400 pages. But very informative and helped me to prevent problems down the road. I also bought software and a tool to reprogram parts of the car. That one only had 12 on board computers. Each had to be coded to anything electrical in the car. Local repair shops could see problems, but not change codes. Why I bought the software to repair it.
And that was back in 2004. What makes one think that more complexity would make for less errors.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Thanks Guys...

After reading this thread yesterday, last night about 22:30 the Mrs looked at the security camera and noticed our headlights/taillights are on!

Our MME is parked well away from our FOB/PAAK devices ~50' so no chance we were too close. All ready to hit the sack and had to get dressed and go out to turn the lights off.

This AM turning the car on, also turned on the headlights but that's a setting so normal operation.

/Jinx'd
At least you wife isn't blaming you for doing something to the car cause the lights are on. I've seen this about 6 times, But haven't complained yet. Last Wednesday when I was in the middle of a stress test waiting area, I watched it turn on and off 4 times.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Yes! Relieved to learn it’s not my fault and I didn’t verbally blame my wife for leaving the headlights on. It’s really annoying to be camping and the MME lights are blazing for no good reason.
Yeah, only one of you is supposed to be blazing at a time!
Sponsored