SSM 50873 - Missing Authorization, Command And Control Or Phone-As-A-Key Buttons In FordPass

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is a notice about the issues we've been seeing with "setup phone as a key" showing up in the app. How do they not catch this stuff before release blows my mind.
-------------------------------

SSM 50873 - Various 2017-2022 Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Missing Authorization, Command And Control Or Phone-As-A-Key Buttons In FordPass Or LincolnWay App

Some 2017-2022 Ford and Lincoln vehicle owners may experience a condition of missing authorization, command and control, battery charging details or phone-as-a-key setup buttons/selections in their FordPass or LincolnWay App. This condition is due to an error within the FordPass or LincolnWay App and not due to a concern on the vehicle. Verify that the customers FordPass or LincolnWay App is at the latest version. Replacement or reprogramming of the telematics control unit (TCU)/gateway module (GWM)/remote function actuator (RFA) will not resolve this condition. If the condition persists, utilize the FordPass Guides or Lincoln Way Concierge teams.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
To add to the confusion, it's not clear if the latest version of the FordPass app has this fixed yet. I see people reporting issues with the 4.16.1 version which is the latest released version as of today.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
To add to the confusion, it's not clear if the latest version of the FordPass app has this fixed yet. I see people reporting issues with the 4.16.1 version which is the latest released version as of today.
It is still broken.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
yep ios version is still failing as of just now. force close and relaunch "fixes" it. for a little while.

Considering that breaking phone as a key is kind of a catastrophic failure for the app... why don't they just roll it back?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
yep ios version is still failing as of just now. force close and relaunch "fixes" it. for a little while.

Considering that breaking phone as a key is kind of a catastrophic failure for the app... why don't they just roll it back?
It isn't actually broken. PAAK still works even though it says 'set up park'. You just don't have the additional controls until you relaunch the app.

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag
I'm hoping whatever they fix will help me with my issue. I reset Paak on friday and still haven't been able to get it set up again. One of the FordPass guides I talked to on Saturday told me the only way to fix it was to get the Paak recall done and have a module replaced. I knew he was lying 😂

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
New version 4.17.0 out today which must be the fix.

wheelsee

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 Select AWD MME Comfort/Tech
Country flag
Just installed 4.1.7.0 and am on iOS 16...can confirm PAAK issue has been fixed

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is a notice about the issues we've been seeing with "setup phone as a key" showing up in the app. How do they not catch this stuff before release blows my mind.

SSM 50873 - Various 2017-2022 Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Missing Authorization, Command And Control Or Phone-As-A-Key Buttons In FordPass Or LincolnWay App

Some 2017-2022 Ford and Lincoln vehicle owners may experience a condition of missing authorization, command and control, battery charging details or phone-as-a-key setup buttons/selections in their FordPass or LincolnWay App. This condition is due to an error within the FordPass or LincolnWay App and not due to a concern on the vehicle. Verify that the customers FordPass or LincolnWay App is at the latest version. Replacement or reprogramming of the telematics control unit (TCU)/gateway module (GWM)/remote function actuator (RFA) will not resolve this condition. If the condition persists, utilize the FordPass Guides or Lincoln Way Concierge teams.
People went to dealer for this?

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
People went to dealer for this?
I just called Ford Guides and they told me to bring it to the dealer and give them this SSM number.

They said they didn’t know how they would fix it though 😂

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Just checked my DTCs in FORScan (looking for something unrelated). Is there any chance this might be related to the PaaK issue? There are two identical DTCs for Control Module Output Power B & C for the RFA as well.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50873 - Missing Authorization, Command And Control Or Phone-As-A-Key Buttons In FordPass Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.46.16 PM

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

How have they not just fixed the app yet? I swear the FP team lacks a connection with reality.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
How have they not just fixed the app yet? I swear the FP team lacks a connection with reality.
Might have to do with a server change that is taking a while, but… yes.
Sponsored