jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Interesting. When this happened to me, my vehicle was on 3.6.1. However, it had been over a month since it had received that OTA. Since I reset the fuse, I have received 3.6.2, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and everything has been working just fine.
I understand it’s fuse 11…is that the fuse right below where it says 11 on one side and 12 on the other?
Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 51228 - Inoperative FordPass Remote Features EF5E8DD7-90EC-4F68-9761-482C2D769B3D
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
when you pull this fuse and replace it, should the car be on or off? if on, in accessory mode or drive mode?

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Always always off! Fully off. Don't pull fuses under load.
well ok, but then are you supposed to start the car with the fuse out? i'm just trying to reconcile what pulling a fuse on an unpowered circuit would even do. if the TCU is powered and running even when the car is off, then you are actually pulling a fuse under load.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
well ok, but then are you supposed to start the car with the fuse out? i'm just trying to reconcile what pulling a fuse on an unpowered circuit would even do. if the TCU is powered and running even when the car is off, then you are actually pulling a fuse under load.
When the car is on, the module can draw several amps of current, which shouldn't be interrupted. When the car is off, the module is asleep and only draws a tiny amount of current, several milliamps, which is low enough to safely remove the fuse. When power is interrupted, the module fully reboots and that can solve some issues.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Mach-Lee ok thanks, that makes sense. i think based on another thread, my problem is more likely to be the RFA since as far as i can tell only PAAK does not work. do you happen to know which fuse corresponds to RFA? possibly 18+19 based on the link above, but not sure if BTLE is unique to RFA.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
@Mach-Lee ok thanks, that makes sense. i think based on another thread, my problem is more likely to be the RFA since as far as i can tell only PAAK does not work. do you happen to know which fuse corresponds to RFA? possibly 18+19 based on the link above, but not sure if BTLE is unique to RFA.
Yes RFA is fuse #19, you can try that.

This topic is about loss of remote start, remote unlock, etc. from the FordPass app. PAAK is a separate thing/issue.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This topic is about loss of remote start, remote unlock, etc. from the FordPass app. PAAK is a separate thing/issue.
right, the reason why i am posting here is because my service dept claimed i have a problem with the TCU, but this doesn't make sense to me. i was going to pull the fuse for the TCU but from reading here in the last couple of days it seems to me the problem might be RFA.

i might as well pull both, but if the dealer actually did what they claim (replaced TCU with new TCU, observed same problem, reinstalled old TCU) then the TCU onboard has definitely been power cycled a few times and another power cycle probably won't do anything.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just had to pull the fuse again tonight because I had zero Wi-Fi or cell connectivity, annoying, but better than a dealer service visit I guess
Sponsored