SSM/TSB for common problems not officially Recalled - [more info needed on front camera failure]

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I thought I'd start a short list of 'critical' issues that @Ford Motor Company has not issued recalls for, but chosen to handle with SSMs or TSBs to handle problems that require actual Dealer-only remove/replace service work to fix.

I am starting with ones that I have personally suffered thru or am in the process of resolving. My hope is to have a place to refer Owners reporting these common problems to help speed the process since Ford is requiring FDRS and Diagnostic verification at Dealerships before parts can be ordered and Service for remove/replacement can be scheduled. Diagnostic visits appear to be MONTHS out for many owns, so having appropriate SSM or TSB in hand may help speed things along.

1. TSB 22-2178 HVBJB failure, various DTC indicating replacement required: affects first 50,000 or so MME Built on or before 28-May-2022... (DTCs) P0563, P0ADA, P0ADE, P0AA1, P0AA4, P0AA5, P0AA2, P0D10, P0D0F, and/orP0C78 stored in battery energy control module (BECM) or a low/discharged 12V battery with P0DA8 and/or P1A10 inthe secondary onboard diagnostic module-C (SOBDMC).
'Recall' software was issued to help prevent catastrophic 'bricking', and is intended to display a 'Service Vehicle Soon' (SVS) Alert and reduce max power output to 125kW to prevent continued degradation of the HVBJB and give Owners time to get their MME to a Dealership for verification of appropriate error codes. Upon verification, Dealers order appropriate replacement HVBJB thru their COPIS order process and schedule remove/replacement ASAP when the parts come in 3-5 days later. This process is slow, but works, and Dealers are getting better/faster at replacements.

2. SSM 50862 - 2021-2022 - Blank/Inoperative Information And Entertainment Screen - DTC B108E:01 . Original center screen in MME before June '22 or so seem prone to 'occasional' blackouts where display graphics are not visible, but backlight is on and screen may still beep when touched. requires verification of DTC at Dealership, parts ordered and remove/replacement of Display Screen.

3. [any SSM or TSB covering this?] - Front Camera failure - [DTC known?]
Occasional/temporary failure of Front Camera above rear view mirror which is used for Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist and other Driver Assist functions. Idications at this point are that the first section of co-axial cable from the camera, which is routed under drivers-side headliner and A-pillar, is prone to failure or possibly prone to damage during windshield replacement. (There seem to be significant numbers cropping up on vehicles that had the Windshield re-glue recall done.)

4. SSM 50513 - Feb 18 2022 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Clicking Type Noise From The Front On Turns - Built On Or Before 15-Sep-2021
There have been a number of reports of 'clicking/thumping' noises from front wheel/motor area when accelerating from a stop while turning left or right... mine just started at 20k miles. I put my MME up, pulled the front wheels and when I pull/push axially on the shafts coming out of front motor, there is about 0.10" movement on both sides and audible 'clunk'. There is no detectable movement or clunk when performing the same push/pull on rear wheel shafts. Soonest Dealer appt is 2 months out, so.... I am following other threads on this and will update as more is known.
Sponsored

Last edited: