Start, lock, check battery status, and more, directly from your Android launcher! (Google Assistant, Google Home)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You created it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My Sony TV just got a firmware update... Looking through the changelog, I learned that Google is ending support for Conversational Actions (CA).

This is sad news. I think that CA is how we're able to "ask FordPass to ..." through Google Assistant.

If I'm right, we'll no longer be able to remote start or get charge status through the techniques I shared in this post as of June 13, 2023. :(

Some more info:
https://developers.google.com/assistant/ca-sunset#what_is_being_removed

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My Sony TV just got a firmware update... Looking through the changelog, I learned that Google is ending support for Conversational Actions (CA).

This is sad news. I think that CA is how we're able to "ask FordPass to ..." through Google Assistant.

If I'm right, we'll no longer be able to remote start or get charge status through the techniques I shared in this post as of June 13, 2023. :(

Some more info:
https://developers.google.com/assistant/ca-sunset#what_is_being_removed
Oh no ... Is this why I can no longer ask Google to unlock / start the car, etc? As of this week.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh no ... Is this why I can no longer ask Google to unlock / start the car, etc? As of this week.
Same here. Noticed last night when I asked Google to ask FordPass for my vehicle's charge status and it responded by asking me to clarify which contact I was trying to call. 😒

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Same here. Noticed last night when I asked Google to ask FordPass for my vehicle's charge status and it responded by asking me to clarify which contact I was trying to call. 😒
Google Assistant does seem to get progressively worse as the years go on, but I chalk it up to the constant changes and addition of new key phrases for it to parse through.

I bet it's only a matter of time before the assistant is merged with, or replaced by, Bard...

Anyway. Yep. The Ford integration seems to be fully dead. :( Thanks for checking

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is all related to the conversion to Matter.
Sponsored