Starting Week 8 in the Shop Tomorrow - Anyone know of any escalation options?

dstrahl

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select RWD
Country flag
Details below, but the TLDR is that my 2021 Select has been in the shop since December 5th. Dealership doesn't seem to be in much of a rush to get it resolved and is pointing the finger at Ford so I'm wondering if anyone knows of an escalation route through Ford that I might pursue to try to light some fire under the situation so I can get my car back sometime this year.

Bought the car used from a Ford dealer with just over 3k miles on it November of last year. Shortly after, I noticed my rain sensors weren't working. Took it in a few times and they kept saying it was fixed and that the problem was that it wasn't turned on at the Ford server side. After a while, I started to notice I wasn't getting any OTA updates and took it in a few times and kept being told that everything was up to date. I finally was able to get the dealer service shop that while my modules were getting updated, it was the SYNC system that wasn't updating and as far as I can tell it was still on 1.3 or 1.4.

So they started working on it and a car that was drivable but not updated when I took it in is now not drivable and they say they've been working with Ford engineers to reprogram a new APIM and are having difficulty getting it to work (this was after they replaced a few other modules they thought would resolve the issues). It sounds like now they gave up on reprogramming the APIM at Ford and are trying some other options with the dealer service center to try to work around it with the existing APIM instead of trying to reprogram and ship a new one. I'm in NC and have passed all the timelines for pursuing a lemon law claim and don't necessarily want to anyways because I've enjoyed the car up until now and don't really want to have to work on finding another one. Other than not having my car, I also haven't been too put out because the dealership has given me a decent loaner for the time being, even if it is an ICE.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Details below, but the TLDR is that my 2021 Select has been in the shop since December 5th. Dealership doesn't seem to be in much of a rush to get it resolved and is pointing the finger at Ford so I'm wondering if anyone knows of an escalation route through Ford that I might pursue to try to light some fire under the situation so I can get my car back sometime this year.

Bought the car used from a Ford dealer with just over 3k miles on it November of last year. Shortly after, I noticed my rain sensors weren't working. Took it in a few times and they kept saying it was fixed and that the problem was that it wasn't turned on at the Ford server side. After a while, I started to notice I wasn't getting any OTA updates and took it in a few times and kept being told that everything was up to date. I finally was able to get the dealer service shop that while my modules were getting updated, it was the SYNC system that wasn't updating and as far as I can tell it was still on 1.3 or 1.4.

So they started working on it and a car that was drivable but not updated when I took it in is now not drivable and they say they've been working with Ford engineers to reprogram a new APIM and are having difficulty getting it to work (this was after they replaced a few other modules they thought would resolve the issues). It sounds like now they gave up on reprogramming the APIM at Ford and are trying some other options with the dealer service center to try to work around it with the existing APIM instead of trying to reprogram and ship a new one. I'm in NC and have passed all the timelines for pursuing a lemon law claim and don't necessarily want to anyways because I've enjoyed the car up until now and don't really want to have to work on finding another one. Other than not having my car, I also haven't been too put out because the dealership has given me a decent loaner for the time being, even if it is an ICE.
Have you opened a case with the Ford BEV Team?

OP
OP
dstrahl

dstrahl

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select RWD
Country flag
Have you opened a case with the Ford BEV Team?
Thanks! I did not know about that option but searched it here and saw a few related posts with some good info so am going to do that tomorrow.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
There's plenty of used MMEs these days at reasonable prices, it's really not hard to find them. I'd lemon your car, that's not going to end well.
Sponsored