Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
alright, dumb question for y'all but did any of y'all that did this have issues (before install) with the car being very unstable in very windy conditions and this fixed it? My wife is seeing when it is really windy outside and she's on the highway she is getting blown all over the place. More so than her last car (2014 Edge) and more than my truck (2022 Tacoma). I dont know how extreme it is as I dont really drive it. She's a solid driver so I take her complaints as legitimate.

Did anyone experience that? Did this fix it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
alright, dumb question for y'all but did any of y'all that did this have issues (before install) with the car being very unstable in very windy conditions and this fixed it? My wife is seeing when it is really windy outside and she's on the highway she is getting blown all over the place. More so than her last car (2014 Edge) and more than my truck (2022 Tacoma). I dont know how extreme it is as I dont really drive it. She's a solid driver so I take her complaints as legitimate.

Did anyone experience that? Did this fix it?
I didn't notice that but it could help because there is definitely less sway with the Seeda bars.

edido

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Blue
Country flag
I can jack my car up and take some measurements.
Hi,

1. I didnā€™t see anything special on the package or wrapper of the bar to indicate a version or manufacture date.

2. I took a few photos. Let me know if more photos would help. The photo showing width measurements, is from external edge to external edge of the other side.

5274B8D2-81A8-48A9-A0C0-65D673830E1B.jpeg

234461A6-FFA5-4BB0-9586-CAF065841189.jpeg

7E5AD1C6-A906-4B25-B2E9-6BD918E189BD.jpeg

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Hi,

1. I didnā€™t see anything special on the package or wrapper of the bar to indicate a version or manufacture date.

2. I took a few photos. Let me know if more photos would help. The photo showing width measurements, is from external edge to external edge of the other side.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 7E5AD1C6-A906-4B25-B2E9-6BD918E189BD

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 7E5AD1C6-A906-4B25-B2E9-6BD918E189BD

If you can measure from the bracket stop to the end that might show a difference. From the pictures it doesn't look different but I have to jack mine up and measure to be sure. I can do that this weekend. I bet someone else will beat me to it...

edido

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Blue
Country flag
If you can measure from the bracket stop to the end that might show a difference. From the pictures it doesn't look different but I have to jack mine up and measure to be sure. I can do that this weekend. I bet someone else will beat me to it...
I will wait until you or someone else shows your measures and how exactly to measure. Then I will follow your photos and measure again. I want to make sure I measure the part in a similar way.

ALTANertive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Greased them up today. Itā€™s tight, but you can do it on the ground without taking the wheels off if you have the 90 degree adapter. I donā€™t know what a well greased end link is supposed to feel like and I was paranoid of blowing them out so I had a finger on the bladder (not sure if that is the correct term, the blue rubber squishy thing) while I pumped. I felt them fill and stopped while they still had some give when pushing on them. My grease gun is 33 pumps per oz. I pumped around 2-4 pumps per grease point.

I havenā€™t noticed clunking during normal driving. Only sometimes going on driveway ramps at an angle. Weā€™ll see if this helps. If nothing else peace of mind.
So after a week or so the clunking from going over ramps at an angle is still there but maybe a little less. I turned the wheels to feel the end link joints and it seemed to give more than when I filled them, so I will probably try giving them a bit more grease.
I guess I would recommended turning the wheels back and forth a few times after the first greasing to see if they need more.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Alright, working on draining my account some more so I ordered both bars.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hi,

Honestly, that doesn't look any different from what I remember mine looking like. Just cut the last hole off of each side and be done with it before you install. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Iā€™m gonna have to bite the bullet and buy these soon. Got more green paint this week and swore off painting more interior pieces. Need more things to paint green. šŸ˜

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Iā€™m gonna have to bite the bullet and buy these soon. Got more green paint this week and swore off painting more interior pieces. Need more things to paint green. šŸ˜
Well, you could become Rod of the Green Bod. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There is always a green vinyl wrapping option...

At427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. B062205E-5502-47AB-8C87-5839574D11DC

ā€˜21 Job 2 RWD. No clearance issues with any parts.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. B062205E-5502-47AB-8C87-5839574D11DC

ā€˜21 Job 2 RWD. No clearance issues with any parts.
Golly, Iā€˜ve gotten used to my zerk fittings being there. Now everyone elseā€™s look weird to me. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag