Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Still looking for one that isnโ€™t trying to charge me the install cost to diag.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That rattle doesnโ€™t sound like end link clunking. Sounds more like a loose CV joint to me. I could be wrong. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฉ

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Interestingly every time I fart with the front end it kinda goes away. Then starts coming back. I'm pretty sure the low pitch creaking from a stop (it's when weight shifts to the rear and the brakes release) is possibly a shot left strut and the creaking when almost at full lock at an angle is a shot left strut bearing and not endlink or tie rod related. I just don't know if I can justify dumping another $1400 to $3k on suspension stuff and ending possibly up with nearly the same ride. I didn't buy it as a project car. Which is what my wife was asking last night. "Is this another hobby? Because you're working on it more than your SXS."

That clunk in the video. I was hoping it was the felt stuff under the car maybe. But I can feel it in the steering wheel. It also happens with either tire and seems to be when the tire is dropping, like into a manhole cover or off an expansion joint. Matter of fact I can feel far more than I thought I should through this steering wheel. The other day I was sitting in a parking lot with the car on. I could feel coolant pumps running through the steering wheel. I'm trying to find a way to prop my phone in the 'engine' bay to try to video the sway bar movement and possibly the endlinks.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Well the right front just barely contacts the tie rod at full lock
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. IMG_4053.JPG

However the drivers side isn't. This is with the bar as far forward as possible.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well the right front just barely contacts the tie rod at full lock
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. IMG_4053.JPG

However the drivers side isn't. This is with the bar as far forward as possible.
Nice. Just needs a little grinding I guess. I ground half an inch off of mine and it still hit on both sides. Then I decided to cut the silly thing. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฉ

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure what Mach-E's Steeda is testing these bars on but they say they have no issues and ever single one of us that has installed it has. That is why we all cut off the last hole (1 full inch) off the end of the bar and none of us have ha a problem since.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm not sure what Mach-E's Steeda is testing these bars on but they say they have no issues and ever single one of us that has installed it has. That is why we all cut off the last hole (1 full inch) off the end of the bar and none of us have ha a problem since.
Yep. New bar, old bar. WTH did they actually change? I was skeptical the "new" bar was any better when it still has three holes. It appears it isn't any better. I might update the OP to emphasize the fact that grinding is STILL required.

Anyone have any data that indicates otherwise?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
It looks to me that they shortened width wise. From driver to passenger width. Part of the reason I want thrilled with the angle on the end links.

I can go full lock and try tostick a finger in between, but the steering refuses to stay at full lock on key off. It unturned about 1/8th of a rotation
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 60E35941-05BB-4323-857B-6AA6CBCDB4B5

has to be at full lock on the other side when itโ€™s hitting, canโ€™t get under that way nicely though.

this isnโ€™t hittin
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 0E5164A6-74CA-4E13-A5B4-8B9007802F58

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
While at a specialty suspension shop today for another reason, I asked the crew to check & supplement the grease in the Steeda endlinks. It's been a good few thousand miles since I threw the Steeda sway bars on. As per a previous post, I did lube the endlink zerk fittings because the purple / blue grease shrouds had felt dry to me while I installed the sway bars.

The mechanics opined that all such endlink fittings need a squirt or two of fresh grease about every 10 thousand miles.

I note this here for all fellow Steeda endlink users.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
When I got mine the first endlink got 5 squirts from my fully size gun. It burped the gasket and a small amount did get out (it continues to be wet to the touch but not leaking). The others I only put 2 squirts in and put together. Today I'm going to put 1.5 more in and see if some of my clinking goes away. The boots on these shouldn't allow grease to come out so 3 to 4 squirts should not vaporize. But if over filled the amount of grease getting by the boot once allows later grease to get by easier. I have all of 250 miles on mine so far.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
While at a specialty suspension shop today for another reason, I asked the crew to check & supplement the grease in the Steeda endlinks. It's been a good few thousand miles since I threw the Steeda sway bars on. As per a previous post, I did lube the endlink zerk fittings because the purple / blue grease shrouds had felt dry to me while I installed the sway bars.

The mechanics opined that all such endlink fittings need a squirt or two of fresh grease about every 10 thousand miles.

I note this here for all fellow Steeda endlink users.
Yeah, 10K miles sounds about right for ball joints and tie rod ends, so it would follow to do the end links at that interval too. I grease my T/Aโ€™s suspension bearings, ball joints, and tie rod ends about once a year. The heim joints on the ends of the front bar get a squirt of oil and a wipe-down at that time. Probably overkill since it doesnโ€™t move much lately. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฉ

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Well, my car can no longer keep it's pet names.

Kunkly McKlunkersein aka Rattlestang has almost fully silenced due to new axels. Dealer replaced both front and aside from an occasional hard hit that causes a clank not like the others I'm happy to say it's enjoyable to drive again.

My axels look to have broken after a couple spirited runs with some new suspension hardware over some ever so crappy expansion joints. Thus perfect storm, and it was a Dec 20 baby so that recall hadn't been done.

Yesterday when I got home I put another 2 squirts into the 3 endlinks that didn't get 5. So I was able to put 4 pumps into 3 of them and 5 into one on accident. The one with 5 didn't pop of and isn't leaking. Really I didn't expect much of any change with the 2 more pumps and I didn't get anything different.

Dealer also didn't complain about the bars. Score one for San Tan.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Son of a. That'll put a dent in todays plans...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. IMG_4171.JPG

Crap. That boot is done.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Son of a. That'll put a dent in todays plans...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. IMG_4171.JPG

Crap. That boot is done.
Actually the dark spot behind the spring isn't part of the boot. I was able to slip the spring over the boot and wipe away a bunch of grease. Work the boot back on and slipped the spring back over. Was actually easy with a 90 degree dental pick.