Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I will try to use them and take some photos
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So the installation went slow and easy, and the card drives noticeably different. I only put 15 miles on it and will have a better chance to evaluate it this week. It was the drive home from my inlaws where I installed the bar with my wife, dog, and tools in the car I wasn't going to get very crazy.

The pump bushings did not work for my job 1 car the plug for the pump was touching the sway bar when installed so I took Mark's advice and bent the bracket and reinstalled it. Works fine

Attached is a picture of the pump before bending the bracket

20230529_140555.jpg

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So the installation went slow and easy, and the card drives noticeably different. I only put 15 miles on it and will have a better chance to evaluate it this week. It was the drive home from my inlaws where I installed the bar with my wife, dog, and tools in the car I wasn't going to get very crazy.

The pump bushings did not work for my job 1 car the plug for the pump was touching the sway bar when installed so I took Mark's advice and bent the bracket and reinstalled it. Works fine

Attached is a picture of the pump before bending the bracket

Ford Mustang Mach-E Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be. 20230529_140555
If you don't love the improvement, I will be surprised. Looking forward to your impressions!

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So the bar makes a big difference, the car has much more turn-in but not so much to feel unstable. It's also quite a lot smoother the bumps seem less harsh. I went to the airport and back today to still not a huge drive but I can tell the sway bars are worth the effort and money.

To date, this is my favorite setup my 255/45/20 105Y XL Vredestein Ultrav Vorti+ set to 36psi and the Steeda front and rear sway bar installed. I did just order the strut mount brace and go the conformation today that it is in production and will ship in two weeks (or so)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So the bar makes a big difference, the car has much more turn-in but not so much to feel unstable. It's also quite a lot smoother the bumps seem less harsh. I went to the airport and back today to still not a huge drive but I can tell the sway bars are worth the effort and money.

To date, this is my favorite setup my 255/45/20 105Y XL Vredestein Ultrav Vorti+ set to 36psi and the Steeda front and rear sway bar installed. I did just order the strut mount brace and go the conformation today that it is in production and will ship in two weeks (or so)
Join the club. Mike, Anton, John, Steve, myself and pretty much everyone that has installed these bars have said the same. Probably the best mod we have done on the car.

I assume you put them on the stiffest setting? And yes, I commented right away the ride was a bit smoother. It is like the OEM shocks. Some people think the ride is just fine and don't have a problem with them while others hate it because it all depends on the roads you drive on.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I started at the middle setting, and will drive it this way for a few weeks and probiby change it to the highest.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The middle setting is good for the size/type tires you have and if you push it probably won't get in trouble. Most all of us have it on the firm setting because like how it handles and don't push it too hard or have much wider, performance tires and can. Either way, it really does make the car feel much more sporty.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
And much more stable. As you said Mark, this is the most dramatic improvement you can make on the MME, IMO. It is worth every penny, and well worth dealing with the unexpected problems. And now that it seems all the unexpected problems are exposed, we have solutions. I am never giving up these bars.

I really don't understand why Ford didn't make the stock bars more stiff.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So I finally got a chance to go for a long drive. My concussion these bars make a huge difference to be fair so do the new 20" tires. Together it's a completely difference car sooo much more fun to drive

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So I finally got a chance to go for a long drive. My concussion these bars make a huge difference to be fair so do the new 20" tires. Together it's a completely difference car sooo much more fun to drive
I didn’t change my tires yet but mine was a lot more fun After the bar installation. 😊🐩

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
That’s exactly why I went to 20’s (and the lack of decent 19 inch tires)

I bought and put in bar clamps. They had to go on the inside of the bushings because the Steeda welded stops still move too much so my off camber/angle driving was causing a lot of low tone clunking. The clamps removed 95% of my daily clunking from the side to side bar movement. The odd thing is my bar isn’t square through the bushings. WhenI installed the clamps I found they at at an angle, so the front part of the bushing takes the pressure from the clamps. Not sure if it’ll cause me to replace the bushings down the road or not. They were like $20 for the pair but have helped my noisy front end a lot. I still have my bars on the lightest settings. Really don’t need to stiffen it anymore for my likings.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That’s exactly why I went to 20’s (and the lack of decent 19 inch tires)

I bought and put in bar clamps. They had to go on the inside of the bushings because the Steeda welded stops still move too much so my off camber/angle driving was causing a lot of low tone clunking. The clamps removed 95% of my daily clunking from the side to side bar movement. The odd thing is my bar isn’t square through the bushings. WhenI installed the clamps I found they at at an angle, so the front part of the bushing takes the pressure from the clamps. Not sure if it’ll cause me to replace the bushings down the road or not. They were like $20 for the pair but have helped my noisy front end a lot. I still have my bars on the lightest settings. Really don’t need to stiffen it anymore for my likings.
This could be something they addressed in the newer kits. The sway bar mounts that came with my kit look completely different than the rest of the photos on this post I'll try to take a shot or two of them. The ones that came with my rear sway bar look like the off the shelf energy suspension sway bar mounts like everybody else's posted.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I received the Strut Tower Brace today and will install it over the weekend.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received the Strut Tower Brace today and will install it over the weekend.
When I installed mine back in February, I had to add a few washers as spacers here and there to allow the end plates to sit level. I also used longer bolts as I wanted more of a bite. Do not tighten them down too tight otherwise you will strip out the receptacle nuts in the top of the strut. 22 ft lbs. is what Ford recommends and I would not go anymore.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When I installed mine back in February, I had to add a few washers as spacers here and there to allow the end plates to sit level. I also used longer bolts as I wanted more of a bite. Do not tighten them down too tight otherwise you will strip out the receptacle nuts in the top of the strut. 22 ft lbs. is what Ford recommends and I would not go anymore.
Thanks Mark, I was wondering how much to torque them down as it's not in the instructions
Sponsored