Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
New update:

Ford Service advisor at my dealership called and said he had good news and bad news.

Good news - They were finally able to determine what the issue was. My power steering module is bad.

Bad news - The part is on back order and not expected to be back in stock until 8/15/2021.

So my worst fear has been realized and that was the supply issue has reared its ugly head and came to bite me in the butt. I'm not happy about this at all and I think having to wait a month (and paying on a loan for a month where I cant even use my car) is pretty pathetic.

Personally, I think Ford should be calling the plant that they are building the Mach-E at and have them ship the part to my dealership. The other part of the bad news is the dealer doesn't have anything to loan out to me currently right now (and definitely no Mach-E in their loaner program), so I'll likely be stuck in a Ford Edge when they get one that comes back in. He doesn't know when that will be.

@Ford Motor Company - I understand there are supply issues going on but this is really unacceptable for a car this expensive.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
With that significant of a delay in parts they should consider diagnosing the problem with the steering module and try and fix it. The whole thing can't be bad...probably just a component within it. Send it to Northridgefix @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With that significant of a delay in parts they should consider diagnosing the problem with the steering module and try and fix it. The whole thing can't be bad...probably just a component within it. Send it to Northridgefix @Ford Motor Company
according to the dealer, Ford is one that makes the call on how they repair it. This is the route Ford chose.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
New update:

Ford Service advisor at my dealership called and said he had good news and bad news.

Good news - They were finally able to determine what the issue was. My power steering module is bad.

Bad news - The part is on back order and not expected to be back in stock until 8/15/2021.

So my worst fear has been realized and that was the supply issue has reared its ugly head and came to bite me in the butt. I'm not happy about this at all and I think having to wait a month (and paying on a loan for a month where I cant even use my car) is pretty pathetic.

Personally, I think Ford should be calling the plant that they are building the Mach-E at and have them ship the part to my dealership. The other part of the bad news is the dealer doesn't have anything to loan out to me currently right now (and definitely no Mach-E in their loaner program), so I'll likely be stuck in a Ford Edge when they get one that comes back in. He doesn't know when that will be.

@Ford Motor Company - I understand there are supply issues going on but this is really unacceptable for a car this expensive.
I don't know what it's like in Wisconsin, but 30 days out of service in one year in Virginia can be considered a "lemon." Not sure how much hardball you'd want to play there, but....

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just an update...

No news yet on anything. I talked to Ford here on the forum. They gave me a case number and elevated my case as well as assign it to the SUV Customer Experience group. They said they would contact within 1 business day. That did not happen.

Monday I plan on calling the dealer and getting an update on what the loaner situation is. This whole thing just sucks. I'm still pretty bummed out about it. I think I'm about to drive my wife nuts with how often I keep talking about how much I miss this car. And I still have 28 days to go.

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Called the dealer today. I was calling to see if they got a loaner in yet and they did late last night. It is some Ford Escape but at this point it is better than nothing.

he told me that Ford Motor Company called him yesterday inquiring about the vehicle. They said they attached something to my case. The service guy said it was a good thing that I contacted Ford since doing so tends to help speed up resolution.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I haven't got my mach E yet but I can't tell you that I found several four vehicles including a Ford flex two of them. Both add ongoing steering fault issues neither one were ever resolve but sometimes just bring the car off and back on again everything back to normal. And all the times I took it in the dealer for the problem they never placed a thing but they can reprogram the transmission listening and other safety features but that did not resolve it.

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Motor Company called today and told me that my back ordered part (originally 8/15/2021) has just shipped out. Dealer should get it by the end of the week and I should be able to get the car back next week.

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good news! My car is back home and purrinā€™ (electrically) once again! Dealer said it showed up without notice yesterday. He immediately put it at the top of the priority list for the techs and they threw in the new steering gear!

I love being back in it again. You know what they sayā€¦ ā€œonce you go ā€˜lectric, you donā€™t go backā€ jk I made that up.

purplepattid

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
The exact same thing happened to me on July 3rd, the day that I was leaving for vacation. I had only had my car for exactly one month. It is August 9 more than a month later and still no word on the part for my car. My car is still at my local Ford and fortunately they have had loaner car for me to use. Today I was informed that the projected delivery date is now 9/3. At that point in time I will have made three car payments while my car was in the shop! Everyone at our local dealership has been phenomenal, national not so much. With my last interaction with customer service the person on the phone told me that Ford doesnā€™t care and that they are not responsible. I am 59 years old and this is my very first Ford Iā€™ve ever purchased, as much as I love my Mach E, this may very well be the last Ford I buy.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The exact same thing happened to me on July 3rd, the day that I was leaving for vacation. I had only had my car for exactly one month. It is August 9 more than a month later and still no word on the part for my car. My car is still at my local Ford and fortunately they have had loaner car for me to use. Today I was informed that the projected delivery date is now 9/3. At that point in time I will have made three car payments while my car was in the shop! Everyone at our local dealership has been phenomenal, national not so much. With my last interaction with customer service the person on the phone told me that Ford doesnā€™t care and that they are not responsible. I am 59 years old and this is my very first Ford Iā€™ve ever purchased, as much as I love my Mach E, this may very well be the last Ford I buy.
FYI you can file a lemon law claim now and ask for a refund or replacement vehicle under law. You may want to speak to an attorney but are likely entitled to compensation for the car payments and loss of use.

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Any updates on your fix?!

Bought my Mach E on August 5th drove it home. Plugged it into the wall. Then an hour later was going to drive and show my wife the new purchase. Got the power steering fault/service required plus 4 other faults (blind spot detection fault, lake keep assist fault, ABS fault, park aid fault). My car was a 5/2021 built date. Dealer picked it up the next day.
The dealer was able to reset all the faults, however the power steering issue did not go away. They are telling me that they need to replace the power steering module (includes the entire steering assembly). And guess what, the part is back ordered until September 3rd. Will probably take them another few days to replace it.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Steering falls have been pretty regularly on all four products they share a lot of the same technologies my Ford flex constantly shows steering faults although the dealer can never track it down.
Sponsored