Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think I already DMed this information to them a week or so ago with no results. So I am okay with posting info on the forum.
just so you know in most cases their timelines aren’t very accurate. I’ve seen often on this forum and of personal experience things coming before their timeline.
Sponsored

purplepattid

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
just so you know in most cases their timelines aren’t very accurate. I’ve seen often on this forum and of personal experience things coming before their timeline.
Well seeing my first timeline was almost a month ago and the second was 4 days ago I don‘t think my part will be here before the timeline.

purplepattid

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
My latest timeline quote is now September 15th, my original quote was July 26th. A least I got almost a month of driving my Mach E before it crapped out, Sorry dude!
Just a couple days shy of the 2 month my MME is back home where she belongs! She is just as beautiful and fun as I remember.

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just a couple days shy of the 2 month my MME is back home where she belongs! She is just as beautiful and fun as I remember.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it arrives a bit before that date. Here is hoping for the best! I know it sucked waiting!

TimBo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e premium AWD ext range
Occupation
Business Manager
Country flag
I finally got my mach-e back on 9-1... They had estimated part arrival on 9/13 so I feel fortunate. Steering module replaced and without the warranty would have cost me $5000-$6000... WOW

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I finally got my mach-e back on 9-1... They had estimated part arrival on 9/13 so I feel fortunate. Steering module replaced and without the warranty would have cost me $5000-$6000... WOW
I bet you are loving being behind the wheel again. Going back to an ICE while the car is in the shop makes you realize just how nice EVs are.

purplepattid

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
Any updates on your fix?!

Bought my Mach E on August 5th drove it home. Plugged it into the wall. Then an hour later was going to drive and show my wife the new purchase. Got the power steering fault/service required plus 4 other faults (blind spot detection fault, lake keep assist fault, ABS fault, park aid fault). My car was a 5/2021 built date. Dealer picked it up the next day.
The dealer was able to reset all the faults, however the power steering issue did not go away. They are telling me that they need to replace the power steering module (includes the entire steering assembly). And guess what, the part is back ordered until September 3rd. Will probably take them another few days to replace it.
Any news?

Deleted member 4669

So I got this message on my car yesterday and had no power steering while getting it home. Got home turned off the car and when I turned it back on the car was working fine, power steering good and no errror messages. Used the car twice today with no issues and no messages not sure if it was a fluke or something is slowly failing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So I got this message on my car yesterday and had no power steering while getting it home. Got home turned off the car and when I turned it back on the car was working fine, power steering good and no errror messages. Used the car twice today with no issues and no messages not sure if it was a fluke or something is slowly failing.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E's power steering concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Venom23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Country flag
I’m having this same “Steering Assist Fault” error message. My car was driving fine yesterday and the error occurred today - no power steering. Contacted the dealership and had it towed in. Still waiting to hear back on availability of a loaner.

@Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’m having this same “Steering Assist Fault” error message. My car was driving fine yesterday and the error occurred today - no power steering. Contacted the dealership and had it towed in. Still waiting to hear back on availability of a loaner.

@Ford Motor Company
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Venom23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Country flag
Closing the loop here. My Mach E ended up needing a new steering column. I was shocked as it only had 800 miles at the time. Ford end up covering the cost of the toe and all work done. I did have to battle to get a rental car right away and had to involve someone from corporate to get better responses than my dealership at the start. Ended up being about a week and a half but had a completely covered rental the entire team. A representative from corporate also contacted me yesterday and they are covering one month’s payment for the inconvenience.

@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Closing the loop here. My Mach E ended up needing a new steering column. I was shocked as it only had 800 miles at the time. Ford end up covering the cost of the toe and all work done. I did have to battle to get a rental car right away and had to involve someone from corporate to get better responses than my dealership at the start. Ended up being about a week and a half but had a completely covered rental the entire team. A representative from corporate also contacted me yesterday and they are covering one month’s payment for the inconvenience.
wow you came out way ahead of me. I had to wait a week to get a loaner and all they gave me was a 40k mile maintenance plan (on an electric mind You so basically two wheel rotations). I would have much preferred a month car payment and it took them almost a month to repair mine.
Sponsored