harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I haven't seen this posted or talked about anywhere yet so I figured I may as well start a discussion on it. Mods, maybe this needs to be moved in the future but I couldn't find a better place for it yet (maybe "Issues?").

I have a GTPE, but I assume others may experience the same feeling, which is hard to describe. I know there's a lot of torque steer and wheel hop from the front end, but even at low speeds, like backing out of my driveway, I have some clunkiness in the front. I'm not exactly yet sure if it is in the steering feel (the stiffer Unbridled steering setting interfering or trying to calibrate the wheel feel?) or something in the drivetrain causing this as low speeds while turning sharp.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone experienced this in a RWD model? I'm going to test again with Whisper mode since I just thought of that while typing this out. That can help rule out steering feel versus drivetrain.

Thanks!
Sponsored

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I've felt something similar at low speeds when pulling/backing into my driveway, but it's on a slope with a curb across the alley and so I think it's some auto-braking anti-colision thing that spazzes out and makes things feel slightly jerky for a second. Maybe a sensor issue if its not happening when there are potential obstacles?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
You’re not alone. I hear a noise that I believe is coming from the steering rack at low speeds in my FE. It seems to happen after a first startup once turning to the right then again after going left, but then goes away. I notice it more when turning from an incline to level road. Sounds like something ratcheting.

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I've felt something similar at low speeds when pulling/backing into my driveway, but it's on a slope with a curb across the alley and so I think it's some auto-braking anti-colision thing that spazzes out and makes things feel slightly jerky for a second. Maybe a sensor issue if its not happening when there are potential obstacles?
Yes, same. That's why I'm thinking they may be able to address this with software....we should let our dealers know it's happening.

Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance to comr
Country flag
I haven't seen this posted or talked about anywhere yet so I figured I may as well start a discussion on it. Mods, maybe this needs to be moved in the future but I couldn't find a better place for it yet (maybe "Issues?").

I have a GTPE, but I assume others may experience the same feeling, which is hard to describe. I know there's a lot of torque steer and wheel hop from the front end, but even at low speeds, like backing out of my driveway, I have some clunkiness in the front. I'm not exactly yet sure if it is in the steering feel (the stiffer Unbridled steering setting interfering or trying to calibrate the wheel feel?) or something in the drivetrain causing this as low speeds while turning sharp.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone experienced this in a RWD model? I'm going to test again with Whisper mode since I just thought of that while typing this out. That can help rule out steering feel versus drivetrain.

Thanks!
when I pull out of my driveway and turn full lock I get a banging noise. I have assumed it’s normal and car hitting full lock on suspension. Anyone know the cause? I’m assuming a dealer will be clueless.

anyone else have issue when starting up the car the main screen takes a minute or 2 to load. Seems worse in cold