Steering wheel controls - volume buttons not working - a little help here...

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
I can't get the volume "up and down" buttons on the steering wheel to work. As a matter of fact, they seem imbedded into the wheel, and don't do anything. When you push them, there is nothing...no "push down" movement, no change in the volume, nothing. The "OK" button between them sits higher than the volume buttons. What am I missing?
Sponsored

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I can't get the volume "up and down" buttons on the steering wheel to work. As a matter of fact, they seem imbedded into the wheel, and don't do anything. When you push them, there is nothing...no "push down" movement, no change in the volume, nothing. The "OK" button between them sits higher than the volume buttons. What am I missing?
It's that center button, it toggles up and down

OP
OP

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
Thank you everyone. It is different than other cars, but I still am a little embarrassed that I couldn’t figure it out.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
if you were confused, someone else will be too... now it's been asked and answered for others to find :)