Step-in height--for little passengers

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Hello all,

New member, long time lurker here expecting a Mach E delivery in a few weeks: Route 1 AWD in grabber blue. Definitely looking forward to seeing it. I'm familiar with EV life and have test driven the car before, though it was quite a few months ago.

One critical thing for me is the step-in height, especially for the sake of my pre-schooler being able to climb into the back seat on his own. Would anyone be willing to share a picture like the one below? Any trim of Mach E would be helpful, understanding that the GTs may sit a bit lower.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Step-in height--for little passengers step-in

Thanks very much in advance. Hoping I can make contributions of my own, once I get settled into the new ride.
Sponsored

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
GT

I wouldn’t overthink it honestly, they grow so fast and adapt even faster. They’ll find a way to climb in fast by the third time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Step-in height--for little passengers 2C239375-6C4C-419A-B20C-AF9C1195E70B

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I have a GT, so it sits slightly lower, but even my 2 year old has no problems climbing in when I'm trying to leave for work. Granted, his shoes scuff up the black trim in the photo above, but he makes it happen!

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
Not necessarily kids but my wife and I both a have a disabled parent there wears a boot my dad's isn't to bad but her mom tends to to hit her metal one on the underside of door and painted areas

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My niece was 4.5 when I got the Mach-E, I don't think she ever had any trouble climbing in.

EDIT: I'll add, as far as SUVs go, the Mach-E is pretty low. This is no Bronco in terms of difficulty in getting in/out for kids.

OP
OP

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Thanks everyone.

It's definitely true that he seems to grow so quickly. I just have to make peace with having a higher step-in/over height and a lower duck-under height compared with my beloved Ioniq 5. That puts a bit of a pinch on both climbing in as well as carrying him in if he's asleep. But I can't argue--this phase will probably pass quickly enough to not be a big issue.

I just hope the novelty of riding front-facing with a pano roof doesn't wear off quite as quickly ;)

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
We have an 8-year old and a 4-year old, and the younger kid has to climb up in there a little bit, but it's really a non-issue. He gladly does it because riding in Mach N Cheese still feels like a fun occasion for all of us, even a year later.

One thing I would consider getting is the @AOSK rear door handles. They really help both kids feel more empowered to be able to more easily open the door themselves. The handles also promote better door safety, as it's really just not a great idea for your kids to learn to put their hands on the side of a car door (which if not a MME could slam on their fingers).

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My 15” tall child jumps into the car quite easily, even while carrying his teddy bear. 🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Step-in height--for little passengers B85E7B7C-426C-4B93-A0AA-F3EAA73C01CD
Sponsored

Last edited: